I am running Windows 10, can I download and install BIOS of Windows 8?

godparticle080

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
My fan is not operating correctly (it runs quite even at 70 degree C = 158 degree F). My laptop seems to have no software or drivers for Windows 10 (mine is Enterprise LTSB 2016) from the manufacturer HP, I have installed Windows 10 without knowing about the problems.

I don't know whether updated BIOS can fix the fan issue or not. Before that, can I install BIOS of windows 8 from the manufacturer, while running windows 10?

godparticle080

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

Thank you for the reply. I am now trying to know whether it is going to solve or not. The BIOS update page, seems to be not explicit in saying what it fixes: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-g6-2200-notebook-pc-series/5296082/model/5340269/swItemId/ob-174272-1

If you know on this, please say me what to do now. I am not able to use laptop for the time greater than half an hour, as the temperature raises to 70 degree C within that time.

Edit: Here is more details from the discussion made in CNET, to narrow the options: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/how-to-configure-speedfan/
(I am not able to post there due to adblocking issue; they seem to be working on it.)

godparticle080

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
Thank you for the reply.
Yeah I have laptop :)
I bought this in 2013-ending.
Model name is HP Pavillion G6 2230TX.

I have now updated BIOS. Still fan is not running at greater speed.

Even when laptop is idle, temperature reaches 70 degree C, after ~20 minutes of time. I had updated windows with all the available updates before. Today after installing hp cool sense, that software itself asked me to check windows update. I checked it again, there is an update available. I will update it and see if fan runs or not. I will reply back.

godparticle080

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
I used "Reset This PC" option in Windows 10; in the process of resetting, while installing drivers, at certain percentage, fan started running! It is running now, I don't whether it would continue or not.
Thank you.