New build won't boot past bios logo

michael4891

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
Just finished building my first pc
And installed windows 10 pro using a Microsoft USB drive bought from Best Buy, but now it feeezes at the boot logo, the display only works half the time and only works in safe mode. I have already switched the Sata cables around, different ram configurations, different gpu locations, pull it all out and put it back in, reset cmos, taken mobo battery in and out, and am having the same results every time, freezing at the windows logo.

MSI X99A Raider mobo
I7-6850k
Corsair H60 CPU cooler
X3 thermaltake 120mm fans
32GB x4 8 GB STCKS DDR4
Corsair SF600 PSU
EVGA GTX 1050 ti 4gb
1TB Samsung SSD bootable
2tb WD BLACK drive

Someone please help!!!

Solution
Check your CPU power plug is getting good connection to the motherboard. If that doesnt help take the motherboard out of the case and set it on the motherboard box. Plug everything up and test it on the motherboard box. This test if the motherboard is grounding on the case.

From this point if its not working you either have a bad power supply or motherboard. Get a new PSU as those tend be the most common and least costly. If the power supply change is no help RMA the motherboard if still under warranty.
Check your CPU power plug is getting good connection to the motherboard. If that doesnt help take the motherboard out of the case and set it on the motherboard box. Plug everything up and test it on the motherboard box. This test if the motherboard is grounding on the case.

From this point if its not working you either have a bad power supply or motherboard. Get a new PSU as those tend be the most common and least costly. If the power supply change is no help RMA the motherboard if still under warranty.

Solution