4K 1MS monitor for Xbox One X.

ilovepizza

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Hey.

I will be buying the Xbox One X once it's out. Now, I'm going to be buying a 60hz 4K monitor with 1MS response time. Will I need a DP to get the actual 1ms response time or could I just use a HDMI 2.0 cable? I can't use DP as the Xbox One X doesn't have a DP port.

I heard that I'll only get 1ms response time if I use DP or HDMI 2.0. I am not completely sure if HDMI 2.0 is going to give me 1ms which is why I'm asking. Do you guys think I'll be able to use a 4K Monitor with 1ms response time + a HDMI 2.0 cable with the Xbox One X? & will I be getting the 1ms respnse time?

Sorry if this sounds stupid. I just want to clear this up.

Thank you.

Solution
The 1ms response time have nothing to do with the cable or your pc/console. It is the grey to grey pixel change time for displaying. For 4k/60hz you need Display Port or HDMI 2.0, as older HDMI (v1.4) versions only able to get 30hz on 4k. I would not look too much into the response time, because 1ms and 4ms are not much of a difference. In example 4ms IPS panel can be very great for gaming and can have less input lag for gaming even against 1ms rated TN panel.

Edit: I corrected a misleading information about HDMI.

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
The 1ms response time have nothing to do with the cable or your pc/console. It is the grey to grey pixel change time for displaying. For 4k/60hz you need Display Port or HDMI 2.0, as older HDMI (v1.4) versions only able to get 30hz on 4k. I would not look too much into the response time, because 1ms and 4ms are not much of a difference. In example 4ms IPS panel can be very great for gaming and can have less input lag for gaming even against 1ms rated TN panel.

Edit: I corrected a misleading information about HDMI.

Solution

As mentioned, response time doesn't depend on the cable type.

pjhmmr

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
You need to be careful: many monitors will say they support this, but they will only do it through non-HDMI inputs, which will not work with the XB1X or S

An adapter that connects HDMI 2.0 output to DisplayPort display doesn't exist.

Whatever adapter you are looking at, read the product description. It will say "for DisplayPort PC to HDMI display only, not a bi-directional adapter" or something like that.