How to Fix Greyed out Box of "Hide modes this Monitor cant Display" ?

T _ M_ J

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hi Guyz i need Help !
I m Running Windows 10 with a Nvidia Quadro-600.
Drivers are up to Date.
I have a Monitor which can Display upto 1280x1024@75hz,While when i open Display Options it Shows Resolutions upto 4k.I tried to Check the Box "Hide modes this Monitor cant Display"
But this Box is Greyed out ! http://imgur.com/a/c0cVv
I need Help because when i open Some Apps or Games like CS:GO and relevant my Monitor Diplays this "This is not the Optimum Screen Resolution for this Monitor,1280x1024@75hz"
Plz i want its Fix Answer hurry .

Reactions: konorok
Solution
"hide modes that this monitor cannot display" will only be available if Windows is able to correctly identify the monitor model.

Windows will only be able to correctly identify the monitor model if the monitor's driver is installed - - without the driver, Windows will only show "Generic PnP Monitor" in Device Manager. Once the driver is installed, Device Manager will show the actual monitor model. The driver tells Windows what model it is and which display modes it's supports.

So you need to visit the monitor manufacturer's website to see if a driver is available for that model.

Drivers are not available for some monitors, especially the cheaper ones.
"hide modes that this monitor cannot display" will only be available if Windows is able to correctly identify the monitor model.

Windows will only be able to correctly identify the monitor model if the monitor's driver is installed - - without the driver, Windows will only show "Generic PnP Monitor" in Device Manager. Once the driver is installed, Device Manager will show the actual monitor model. The driver tells Windows what model it is and which display modes it's supports.

So you need to visit the monitor manufacturer's website to see if a driver is available for that model.

Drivers are not available for some monitors, especially the cheaper ones.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS