Revert back to windows 10 from android

inri

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
I have a Asus T100Tam that originally had windows 10 on it, and I installed android 6.0 OS onto it.

I want to revert back to windows 10, but I have no idea how to. I installed two different versions of windows(to make sure it wasn't the windows software) onto a usb with rufus. when I select the usb as my boot device it goes straight to the bios every time.

I'm using Android-x86 6.0 rc1 and GNU GRUB version 2.02 beta 2

It shows up when I bring up boot options
boot%20device.jpg

But when I select the usb it goes straight to the Bios
Bios.jpg

This is the version of Grubhub. Notice that my usb doesn't even show up
Grub.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everything I can and this is my last resort.

Download the windows media creation tool from microsoft, creat a bootable win 10 usb stick and install windows from of off it.

inri

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
I downloaded windows from the media creation tool but used rufus to mount it. Ill try using the media tool to install it, and I'll let you know if that works.

Hi

I can think of two possible problems:-
Occasionally Rufus formats the win 10 usb as ntfs instead of fat 32

Android is a version of unix/ linux and windows does not like the mbr created
It maybe necessary to erase the mbr and start of the disk which makes the disk look like a new blank disk to windows setup

Regards
Mike Barnes

inri

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

How do I delete the MBR?

inri

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

Ok I downloaded and mounted windows 10 with media creation tool and its doing the exact same thing still. When I click on the usb in the boot menu it goes straight to the BIOS.

Hi

Hirons boot cd can also be put onto usb
It has a XP mode
From there use western digital data lifeguard for windows to erase the start of the ssd or disk
But i can see problems as these convertable seem to have a 32 bit UEFI

I presume your laptop / tablet originally had 32 bit windows 10 since you have only 2 GB of ram

Mine had 32 bit win 8 before the free upgrade to win 10 32 bit

The microsoft windows tool makes a usb or dvd which can boot a pc with standard 64 bit or 32 bit UEFI

You could try a win 10 32 bit dvd and a usb dvd drive which has its own 5 volt power supply instead of a usb

Regards
Mike Barnes

inri

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

I created a hirons boot cd usb with the guide on the official website. I did everything it said and had no errors or problems. when I selected the usb from boot options again, it went straight to BIOS. Why wont anything boot from my USB why is it booting straight to BIOS?!?! I completely lost on this

Hi

If uefi mode access to disk is set in bios then only only disks set for uefi booting and supporting gpt will boot

Win 10 32 bit boot disk will support this laptop providing built with microsoft tools
And usually Rufus when usb disk is formatted to fat 32

What is the bios boot order ?
I am not at home now so cant look at my systems uefi settings

Regards
Mike Barnes

inri

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

My USB is the only boot option available please look at the pictures I provided

Hi

I tried booting my ASUS T100 TAF with several USB memory sticks with Win 10 (32 bit) on them without sucess

I then got out a USB DVD drive which has provision for a external PSU
(as many laptops dont provide enough power on USB 2.0 ports)

This enabled me to boot up from a Win 10 (32 bit) DVD
Do you have or can you borrow a USB DVD drive?

regards
Mike Barnes