4 speakers/1sub on a 4 channel amp?

calebbranpulley

Reputable
Aug 27, 2017
I was wondering if it's possible and if so, how would I go about doing it? I've recently purchased and installed 4 kicker 6x8 225w speakers and a kicker c10 10" 300w sub (the sub isn't installed yet). I was told I would need a 5 channel amp to include the sub, but I've read that it's possible to "run the front 2 speakers off the amp (channels 1&2) and the back 2 speakers off the head unit, while bridging the sub on channels 3&4 of the amp." My amp is a Earthquake Xtreme bass 600w.4 channel amp. If it's possible, please include sources that can teach me how to do this or instructions on how to do it. I would go to a professional but I don't have the spare money and I know it's possible to do it myself if I have the proper tools. Thanks!

Solution
you would just run the positive for your left speakers to the "front left" channel 1, and the Right speakers (front and rear) to the right front channel, then bridge your channels 3&4 (see manual) and you should be good to go.

you will not have Fader, but will have balance...

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
you would just run the positive for your left speakers to the "front left" channel 1, and the Right speakers (front and rear) to the right front channel, then bridge your channels 3&4 (see manual) and you should be good to go.

you will not have Fader, but will have balance...

Solution