Wired Mouse Lagging After Windows 10 Lock Screen

redfordsfinest

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
My mouse begins this lagging issue the moment I log into my account through the Windows 10 lock-screen. Before I log in, the lag appears to be negligible if not completely gone. The same goes for when I'm in the BIOS. The lag also appears to be gone during gameplay. I've played PUBG and Sims with this mouse and I don't see any issues or changes.This lag issue only comes up on the desktop and on non-gaming applications such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Spotify, Microsoft Word, Task Manager, and Gimp. But it doesn't seem to happen in-game, which is weird to me.

Also weird to me, the lag, while definitely noticeable all the time when not in game, tends to get better over time. When I first get on, the mouse lag is a 8/10 on the scale of how bad the lag is (Can't move in a straight horizontal line without gigantic gaps in the cursor's location). But in a matter of maybe five minutes, it goes down to a 4/10 (Can move the cursor in a horizontal line and/or circle but with little gaps or stutters along the way). I believe I built this computer back in April and have always used the same mouse. I don't know what the name of this mouse is; I think it's just of the cheap generic variety. In Device Manager, it's name is "HID-compliant mouse." I'd say I started having issues with the mouse at around the beginning of August. I tried a few common solutions with the drivers and whatnot but I'm willing to do them again if it means fixing this issue. Keep in mind that I'm new to this and while I'm a quick learner, patience may be necessary.

Specs: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz, 8.00GB Dual-Channel @ 1066MHz, Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF, 4GB Radeon RX 470, ViewSonic VX2257 Monitor, 120GB ADATA SU800 SSD, 700GB Seagate HDD.

redfordsfinest

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from redfordsfinest : "Driver Help. HID-Compliant Mouse."

A little new to this so be patient. I'm having trouble figuring out where to get drivers for the mouse I'm using. It's name in Device Manager is "HID-compliant mouse." This mouse has been having issues over the past few weeks where it lags once I log into Windows 10. I don't know why this happens and it's weird because this lagging, or maybe stuttering is a better word, doesn't happen in games. It also seems to get progressively better with time. For the first five or so minutes when I get to the desktop, the cursor lags horribly, but then after a few more minutes, the cursor may only noticeably have issues when moving the mouse extremely fast and even then sometimes I can't notice it. This problem also doesn't seem to exist in the BIOS. I made a thread about this here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3506630/wired-mouse-lagging-windows-lock-screen.html

After that thread got no responses, I thought it better to simply try some solutions myself again. One solution is to update drivers. I don't really understand how to do this because the mouse has no brand, no sticker, no name. Where do I get drivers for this mouse? Is this even the issue? This seems like a problem with startup programs, which is why I disabled them all. That didn't help. My problem isn't horrible, it's just annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz, 8.00GB Dual-Channel @ 1066MHz, Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF, 4GB Radeon RX 470, ViewSonic VX2257 Monitor, 120GB ADATA SU800 SSD, 700GB Seagate HDD.

redfordsfinest

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017

I don't see lag when opening applications. For instance if I open Microsoft Word or Spotify or Google Chrome, no visible mouse lag appears before, during, or after. Right now there is no lag. If I go to the desktop and move my cursor in circles, there might be a very slight stutter, but in general it's negligible. It's more so when I first boot up the PC. When I boot, there is no lag until I log into Windows. Then, the lag is prevalent and slowly wanes off with time. It's a really strange issue because it's not so concrete or obvious.

As for specs, I thought I posted them? "Specs: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz, 8.00GB Dual-Channel @ 1066MHz, Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF, 4GB Radeon RX 470, ViewSonic VX2257 Monitor, 120GB ADATA SU800 SSD, 700GB Seagate HDD." -Isn't this what you mean?

When I try to update the driver from the device manager, it says "The best drivers for your device are already installed."