PC getting black screen after motherboard logo.

bryanpeterson16

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
Last night my computer froze and I reset it using the reset button on my case, and was greeted with a black screen after the MSI motherboard logo. Numerous resets is all I can do because I am unable to open my BIOS or the windows advanced options using F8. No progress has been made yet and any help would be greatly appreciated. Running and GTX 1050ti with 8gb of ram and 4-core AMD processor.

Solution
No error codes or beep patterns?

Turn off the power, open the case, and check that all cables are fully connected. Check that all cards, RAM, chips, jumpers are also firmly seated in place.

Failing that, pull the GTX 1050ti card and try using the motherboard's built in graphics port. Likewise start narrowing down the possibilities by disconnecting any additional hard drives or optical drives.

Install a fresh battery.

Ralston18

Titan
No error codes or beep patterns?

Turn off the power, open the case, and check that all cables are fully connected. Check that all cards, RAM, chips, jumpers are also firmly seated in place.

Failing that, pull the GTX 1050ti card and try using the motherboard's built in graphics port. Likewise start narrowing down the possibilities by disconnecting any additional hard drives or optical drives.

Install a fresh battery.

Solution