Which of these monitor under U$200 choose

chris1039

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
So, I'm confused about which monitor choose... There is three options, all of them with different panels and technologies.
But before indicating one, here is an data about my use: Yes, I play games such as GTAV, FC3, BF4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and lately CS:GO, but I use my PC for studding and watching YouTube and some movies, my VGA are GTX970 (which I don't pretend to change it soon, maybe I will just buy another 970 for SLI).
I have no idea about the difference between 1ms and 5ms, nether if it will influence on my use.
My actual (borrowed) monitor are LG 24" m237wa (5ms TN panel), and sincerely, I didn't liked it because It's colors and I consider it cansative....

My first option are ASUS VP228H 21.5" (U$132,50)
It have an response time of 1ms, but it's TN and "just" 21.5"

My second option is Samsung 24" Curved monitor C24F390FHL (U$150)
I really liked It principally for It's curvature, but most who bought it says that 24" are too small for that, it have an VA panel and 4ms, if I buy this one, I will get an wall stand for it.

The last one is AOC 27″ IPS i2769vm (U$195)
Well, I choosed this one not (just) for being IPS, built in speakers or 27", but cause it have DP input (an friend mine said that DP are way better than HDMI on his LG's 29" ultrawide), but it are expensive (for me)!

Now probably all of you will indicate AOC, but between Samsung and Asus one, which are better?
And yes, my english is bad

Solution
You didn't mention which Samsung model you are considering.
Personally, I prefer 22-24" for 1080p resolution and 1440p for 27". You can try any screen at a store that has 1080p resolution at 27" and see if it bothers you or not, everyone feels different about it.

As for the 4-5ms response time of IPS panels, don't worry about it. You are not a professional CS:GO player with a 144Hz screen. You won't notice any visual difference. For the panel type, pick up an IPS, VA or mVA panel to have better colors than the TN panel you are currently using.

frank_hnd

Honorable
You didn't mention which Samsung model you are considering.
Personally, I prefer 22-24" for 1080p resolution and 1440p for 27". You can try any screen at a store that has 1080p resolution at 27" and see if it bothers you or not, everyone feels different about it.

As for the 4-5ms response time of IPS panels, don't worry about it. You are not a professional CS:GO player with a 144Hz screen. You won't notice any visual difference. For the panel type, pick up an IPS, VA or mVA panel to have better colors than the TN panel you are currently using.

Solution

frank_hnd

Honorable

Go with the C24F390FHL which has Freesync, a lot better value and in the future, you can take advantage of Freesync if you pick up an AMD card.