Error code 0x803fb107 when trying to reinstall a game

Amecareth

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Hi guys, since a while, I was playing Forza horizon 3, a game exclusively available on the windows store. I have a SSD that I use for Windows 10 and a HDD for my games. Everything was working fine until I decided to change my HDD for storage reasons. Every single of my game would copy over to my current drive just fine, excepted Forza.

At this time, I found that it sucked a bit, but hey, no big deal, I guess I'll just redownload it. If only that step worked. I can't remember if I got multiple errors over the long run. As I open this thread, here's what's happening:

I have Forza Horizon 3(1) and Forza Horizon 3 standart edition(2) listed in my library. Both have the error message "This app encountered a problem. Please reinstall it to repair". The first one has 4 options, play, reinstall, gamehub and share. The second one, on the other hand, has 3 options, reinstall, manage and share and if I click on manage, it'll just bring mr to my store library. Both reinstall options seem to cause the error code. I've tried running wsreset.exe as an admin, same thing.

Also, if I go to apps and features, I can see the game listed, but only if there's no hard drive filter and windows says it uses 13.3 MB of storage. If I try to uninstall the game, I get the error 0x8000000e and if I try to reset the game (its cache or whatever), I get "We couldn't reset this app. Try again in a bit".

It's driving me nuts since I love the game and wanna play with my friends. Sorry for my terrible english.

Best regards

Solution
Hi Demon. In the end, I did a clean install of Windows 10 with the Media Creation tool. I could keep all my games and everything worked just fine. I kept all of my current games.

demon.of.the.sword

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

Same exact problem here man. No solutions worked for me yet, debating doing a clean install. Anything work for you yet?

Amecareth

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Hi Demon. In the end, I did a clean install of Windows 10 with the Media Creation tool. I could keep all my games and everything worked just fine. I kept all of my current games.

Solution