Need help with possible driver or other software issue on Windows 10

Hello all,
Today, my Windows 10 system gave me FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE or something like that. I looked through Event Viewer but didn't notice anything outstanding other than KERNEL_POWER. There were plenty of other errors, but they were all the usual failed update installations for Groove Music and all that other stuff that fills Event Viewer.

Click Here to view minidump on Google Drive.

Here are the specs for the system along with OS information:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 (stock clocks)
MoBo: ASRock B250M-HDV
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (2x4GB)
GPU: GTX 670 (stock clocks)
PSU: Seasonic M12ii 520W Bronze EVO Edition
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
HDD: WD Black Series 1TB 7200RPM
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 240GB (maybe 250?) 7200RPM

Installed software (not including software built into OS):
7-Zip
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017
Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017
Adobe Photoshop CC 2017
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017
BitDefender Antivirus Free (BitDefender Agent got installed alongside this)
Crossout (Crossout Launcher got installed alongside this)
Discord
FunimationNow from the Windows App Store
Google Chrome 60.0.3112.113
Heavy Metal Machines
Intel Network Connections 22.4.16.0
Intel Processor Graphics 22.20.16.4729
Intel Rapid Storage Technology 15.5.0.1051
A whole crap ton of different versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 20xx Redistributable (some x64 some not)
Netflix
Notepad++ 64-bit
Nvidia 3D Vision Controller Driver 369.04
Nvidia 3D Vision Driver 384.94
Nvidia HD Audio Driver 1.3.34.27
Nvidia PhysX System Software 9.17.0524
OBS Studio 64-bit
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7917
Rocket League
Steam
Undertale
Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.42.0
Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.42.1

As for when the error occurs, it happened once when playing Rocket League and then a few days later when opening Google Chrome.

That's all the information I can think of right now. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks to all that offer their advice,

Darren

Solution
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc00002c4 (3221226180) - The system file %1 has become corrupt and has been replaced.

memory dump showed a modified kernel.

the clean install should help.
you could have also started an admin cmd.exe or powershell and run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
then done a Malwarebytes scan

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your name seems familiar... :)

The FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE bug check has a value of 0x0000012B. This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.

Try running memtest86 on your ram, 1 stick at a time. Any errors are too many. Only score you want is 0 - replace ram if you find any

It might be drivers, can you check the Asrock App store and make sure you have latest drivers?

I can't read the dumps but I am sure someone will. Event viewer seems pretty useless when it comes to tracking down bsod causes. Surprised so many think to look in there.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi Darren, that's a kernel dump file (memory.dmp). The minidumps are usually found in the C:\Windows\minidump folder. The kernel dump file usually provides more information for those who are experts are reading dump files. I am no expert. However I did downloaded the file and run it through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/4bk2tgki

File: MEMORY.DMP (Thu Jul 27 12:10:22.342 2017)
BugCheck: [MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)

There were a few errors in the dump file but not many. I removed the 10 or so lines of errors. Maybe an expert dump reader will see this and provide more information for you from the dump file.

I can't help you with this. Wait for someone else to reply. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its always fun when dump mentions one error and header another.

apart from a few random windows drivers that is showing in wrong section, the only old drivers you have are for your web cam, so update them if you can. They from May 15, Win 10 released in July.

unless you are using it, remove Intel extreme Tuning as it can cause errors

If JOhnbl reads this, he might understand kernel dumps better than we do.

Intel XTU is not installed.

Now what?

Colif

Win 11 Master
thats interesting cause at time of error

iocbios2.sys - Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning Driver

was running on your PC

Did you do the other things like memtest? both errors could mean its ram since you don't have that many old drivers

Okay so I hit to update drivers in Device Manager and hit to do it through Windows Update and nothing was found.

Also, I'm on the product support page on Logitech and all it's showing me is Logitech Webcam Software.

How do I update drivers for this? Where do I even find drivers? Like do I have to download Logitech Webcam Software to get new drivers?

I wasn't on Discord bc Memtest was running on my PC.

0 errors after hours of testing on MemTest86 V7.4.

Perhaps I will replace RAM anyway though... This PC has always been troublesome in terms of memory management related issues no matter how many times I fresh install. Yes, I've tried different drives.

Colif

Win 11 Master
always fun to close chrome half way though a post...

Your board can't overclock so why is that file on PC?

Can you download this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
run it from the download folder as it doesn't really install
it will list all installed drivers, find this one and right click it and choose properties
can you send a screen shot of the next popup? Not sure if it will help, we already know its Intel.

Did you ever use driver booster or a program like that to update drivers?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Driver verifer is like that, its why if I had recommended it, I would have also suggested 2 things

1. download the windows 10 media creation tool and make an installer as a boot drive (if you don't have it already)
2. Create a system restore point first before running it

since you did neither, can you do 1. and then see if you can boot into safe mode and do this:
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode
Now open command Prompt
type verifer /reset and press enter
restart PC

Colif

Win 11 Master
That is a good question

Well, its in your dump file since it was a BSOD, that is 1 way - you could upload that again and we have a look at what caused it.
I thought there is an easier way, it should create a log file of some sort I would think?

Okay.

I thought so too... Google is no help here of course. Even the Microsoft site has yet to show me how to pull up a log from Driver Verifier.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/6cEYnrsn

File: 082817-6171-01.dmp (Mon Aug 28 15:19:04.208 2017)
BugCheck: [FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12B)] {ffffffffc00002c4, 547, 3e3d460, ffffb701e5092000}
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: MemCompression)
System Uptime: 14 days 16:59:24.494

I can't help you with this. Wait for someone else to reply. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the phantom error returns. Its described as a Hardware memory error yet all solutions I find say its drivers.

try running Intel Driver update utility and see if its got anything: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility - the oldest drivers on your PC are win 10, so not sure whats causing this. The other file isn't running since you updated bios, or its not showing anyway.

try removing bitdefender till we work this out (some would suggest it anyway)
Not many other drivers on there apart from intel ones and bitdefender

Wait... How can this be? My driver is newer than the newest driver?

8WWdwt1.png