DPC_Watchdog_Violation While At College

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
So my system is constantly having a DPC_Watchdog_Violation. It occurs ONLY when I'm connected to my college internet. It happened all year last year, but not at all when I was at home the entire summer. It happens once, and has happened 5 more times 15 minutes after restarting. It happened while I was typing this message.

Old DMP file from last semester:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6OY0vC98RzJcHlPcVBsNGhBYmc/view?usp=sharing

Latest DMP file that just occured:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6OY0vC98RzJcllwSE1hMjZsbkk/view?usp=sharing

Computer Hardware and Peripherals:
Windows 10 64-bit
MSI Gaming z97 Gaming 5
Intel i7 4790k
MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB (2 x 4GB)
Corsair CX 600 PSU
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair VOID RGB (USB Wired Headset)
Corsair K95 RGB
Corsair Sabre RGB
Netgear A6210 Wireless Adapter

Nothing is overclocked. I thought it was my headset, but it occurred without it plugged in. But it did occur when I force updated its firmware through the Corsair Utility Engine program. I know I'm going to bluescreen in games because my ping becomes horrendous until it finally freezes and crashes. Once again, it only happens at the college internet I am on.

I have tried the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver, I have checked every firmware on every usb port and piece of technology, and I have tried redownloading several programs.

If anymore information is needed, I would be happy to provide it.

LatencyMon:

0qhjcGL.png

Thanks for any help, this has been a long, grueling issue for me and I would appreciate any insight on this matter.

Solution
maybe boot in safe mode and see if you can delete copies of the driver. or see If you have an uninstaller in control panel
programs-> uninstall programs

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
axe0axe0,

I apologize for my late response and appreciate yours.

You were right that the driver is old. However, I have tried updating it manually through device manager and through the newly updated program. This is what I am left at:
http://i.imgur.com/gjn0Rl0.png
This is through using the A6210_V1.0.0.36 program, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire software into the adapter. But I believe that this is still the most updated driver provided by Netgear. Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks.

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
So if it is the wireless adapter, why does it only occur when I'm on college WIFI? I have never had any bluescreen issues while at home, and while they did have my go through a quick program to access the internet I do not think it would have such a significant impact on my adatper.

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I obtained an Ethernet cable as a replacement. I would like to dump these issues with wireless adapters and hopefully i can by changing it out. Thanks for your assistance, and I'll keep this updated should it continue.

remove your overclocking tool:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\Super Charger\NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 03:27:58 2012
this program was written 2 years before your CPU was released and would provide incorrect voltages to the CPU.

also you should set your memory dump type to be kernel and provide the next memory dump c:\windows\memory.dmp

this will is needed to debug this particular bugcheck.

machine:
BIOS Version V1.13
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 02/16/2016
Manufacturer MSI
Product Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)
Version 1.0
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015

Rightfully done so, though it seems NTIOLib_X64.sys cannot be removed because it's part of a process. How do you recommend I properly get rid of it?

maybe boot in safe mode and see if you can delete copies of the driver. or see If you have an uninstaller in control panel
programs-> uninstall programs

Solution