DVD burner problems

billkjell

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
I just purchased an internal DVD/CD burner -- LiteOn (ATAPI iHAS324 F) and my Win10 computer does not recognize it. When I go into Device Manager> and select it and check the drivers it says they are the best up to date. But it will not show up in the devices, nor run. Can you help?
Bill

billkjell

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
The device manager shows it with a small triangular Caution sign. When I left click on it and select drivers is says they are missing or corrupted. I went on the Mfr. and downloaded the driver which came as a Zip. When unzipped there is no executable program, and the CD they gave me with it is, of coure, useless. An earlier answer said for me to swap out the cables, which I am not sure I know how to do. One other thing that I just noticed this AM is that the cooling fan is not working -- could this mean trouble? Thanks for your help. Bill

You should have got 2 SATA cables for drives in your motherboard box. Try another sata port on your motherboard with should have 6 ports for drives. The cables could be any color as i've seen blue, black, red, and orange.
12-422-812-02.jpg

When you power up, can you cycle (open/close) the DVD door. If NOT check the power cable. elbert picture is the SATA Data cable. There should be two cables connected to the DVD drive. also Make sure you plug them in correctly. Note the "Notch at one end of the cables. While they should NOT go one the wrong way, they can be forced on

billkjell

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
Thanks, everyone. I completely removed the drive again and studied the plugs and I was plugging them correctly. There are two data cables which I swapped on the motherboard (one goes to the hard drive -- no change -- the HD booted fine. I also went into the Bios and found that the sata to the HD was enabled, but #3 was listed an Atapi XXX which was disabled -- I enabled it. Still no change. Device Mgr says the driver is non-existent of corrupted. billkjell