Input signal lost during game only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutchayy

Reputable
Nov 22, 2016
Hello, my pc has been having an issue where it says no cable connected on my monitor screen during a game. Odd enough, it is only happening on Destiny 2 beta... it is not one of the known issues with the beta and can't seem to find a correlation. The problem occurs anywhere from 5 minutes and on, if not at random times. I have done self troubleshooting with no prevail. It is most likely a gpu issue as my hdmi cable is connected there and audio is still being played after my screen goes black.

I have tried:
- switching hdmi cables
- switching pcei slots
- updating gpu drivers
- monitoring temps/usage (no abnormalities)
- changing in-game settings to low as possible on everything
- unplugging ram (desperate times lol)

i am going to get my pc looked at in a couple days if i have no luck. All help is appreciated as this is an odd problem to everyone i have asked. Thanks.

blockhead78

Distinguished
just checking, but does your rig meet the sys reqs for destiny 2?

also, have you tried a complete DDU driver wipe and re-install?

when you lowered in game settings, did you change anti aliasing?

seeing as it's a beta, it could be that there's nothing wrong with your PC and it's a bug that hasn't been widely encountered yet

one of the disadvantages of PC gaming, an almost infinite amount of software/hardware combinations

Hutchayy

Reputable
Nov 22, 2016

Thanks for the timely reply. My pc specs are i5 6600k and rx470, which exceed the minimum requirements and i even get 60 fps on high settings.

I did turn off anti aliasing along with trying each of the options.

One quick note, this instance had occurred a couple times during Battlefield 1. Max 3 times it happened at the beginning of my pc's life.

I do not know what you are talking about with ddu? Maybe i could try that.

Thanks~

Hutchayy

Reputable
Nov 22, 2016

Unfortunately the beta is now over and i was too busy to play extensively, i managed to get one long game in and had no issues after the ddu. However playing on a new day it usually takes a while longer so im not certain on the fix. Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.