Is this popup box called a tooltip? Can it be removed?

dan1331

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Here is the popup that annoys me when i mouse over it:
fXANoHF.png

I use my pc on a tv most of the time with crazy scaling and sometimes this popup is huge and sometimes it lingers. I've did some googling and seen some disagreements so I don't even know how to phrase what I want.

I don't want that box to pop up when i hover over things in the task bar
I do want that box to pop up when i hover over things in the system tray
I do want that box to pop up when i hover over things on web pages

I've noticed discord doesn't have a mouse over popup on the task bar but it does on the system tray by default. Can I manually go through and purge it from each program? If thats the only way I would. Its a big problem when you use scaling.

Solution
Hi, I didn't think this was possible. I figured that if you disabled the tooltips on the taskbar icons, it would disable the tooltips on the tray icons too. But I was wrong. I found a solution with 1 caveat.

The caveat is that the program has to be running in order for it to remove the tooltips. It does however sit quietly in your tray and only took up about 1.5mb of RAM on my Win10 test system.

I didn't mess with any of the other settings and only tested the program for a minute, so it's up to you to decide if it works for you or not.

7+ Taskbar Tweaker
http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker
taskbar.png

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I didn't think this was possible. I figured that if you disabled the tooltips on the taskbar icons, it would disable the tooltips on the tray icons too. But I was wrong. I found a solution with 1 caveat.

The caveat is that the program has to be running in order for it to remove the tooltips. It does however sit quietly in your tray and only took up about 1.5mb of RAM on my Win10 test system.

I didn't mess with any of the other settings and only tested the program for a minute, so it's up to you to decide if it works for you or not.

7+ Taskbar Tweaker
http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker
taskbar.png

Solution