No AMD Motherboard Page Update Since May!!

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
I have been looking to purchase a Ryzen rig for a while. I really value the TH recommendations, but they are really lacking in this area. There are quite a few AMD boards out there now and yet TH only has 2 on the motherboards page. There is no B350 boards either. The page is still dominated by the really old AMD boards for old chips. Isn't it about time for a full revamp of the page? After all May is a long time ago in the current chip / motherboard market!!

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
The boat has sailed unfortunately for tech help. I have been and purchased an ASRock AB350 Pro4 and a Ryzen 5 1600. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I guess it was a rant as I was waiting for them to open up a little. As it is they added another X370 board which would tend to tell me they are not really recommending any AB350 boards. I ended up using other tools like Logical Increments and Custom PC (UK magazine)

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
So after posting this I have kept an eye on the motherboard and the CPU selection pages. There are still only 3 motherboards on the AMD side of things. They still haven't recommended any B350 boards. Oh and all of sudden they have added "runner up" to the CPU page, just so they could still include Intel CPU's. In can only come to the conclusion that Intel must be paying Tom's or they just a bunch of Intel fan boys. t will be interesting to see if the "runner up" goes away when Coffee Lake comes out. I also wonder how many Z370 boards will magically appear as well.