Stalker lag. Help!

marcelbarlik

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb
AMD FX 8320
Asus 970 Pro Gaming/Aura
8 Gb (1x8) DDR3 Ram (I forgot how many MHz but at least above 2000 from what I remember)
1TB Seagate Barracuda (Brand new)
Windows 10 x64 bit
Newest graphics card drivers (385.41)

I am running all my 4 STALKERS (Lost Alpha, Call of Prypiat, and the other 2 before that) on the lowest settings. I have tried all 3 combinations of DirectX 11, DirectX 12 and DirectX 11.1 or I think 12.1 it was. I am getting about 19 FPS on the main menu and I get a jumping between 13 and 26 FPS while in game. This is something impossible for a 300$ graphics card on the lowest settings as even my integrated graphics laptop does better. I have tried the game in Administrator mode and also in XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 2000 compatibility mode. All show the same result. Is there any way to fix this?

Solution
I would suggest downloading older driver to test the Nvidia driver compatibility. Stalker games are old. Recently I had a similar problem with Mass Effect Adromeda. I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver and my game was crashing ALL the time. I downloaded an older driver and everything went back to normal. Try old driver to test it.

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
I would suggest downloading older driver to test the Nvidia driver compatibility. Stalker games are old. Recently I had a similar problem with Mass Effect Adromeda. I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver and my game was crashing ALL the time. I downloaded an older driver and everything went back to normal. Try old driver to test it.

Solution