Wondows 10 now requires user name and password, can't log on if not online

Wilykit

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
During one of the forced update and restart, my laptop now required password to log on even though I had this option disabled:
http://i.imgur.com/TxEyNZQ.png

What's worse, if I don't have internet connection, my laptop is unable to verify my password and won't let me log on. Bonus, it offered forgotten password recovery but when I tried it, I also got no internet error message. Does Microsoft test for anything? This is about as dumb as "Keyboard not found error, press F2 to continue" from 30 years ago.

Can anyone tell me which one of the useless Microsoft update broke this and forced me to type password manually for a laptop so I can remove it and actually use my laptop in the fall when I go up to my cabin near my favorite hunting ground. No cellular signal, no satellite (too many tree), no cable service, and no local dialup ISP, I sure as heck don't want to pay $10 in long distance charge just to boot or reboot my laptop.

PS the reason I don't want to deal with log on password is because I already set BIOS password, if my laptop got stolen it's a 4-year old paperweight, the only removable part of value is a 200GB SATA hard drive. Everything else is integrated into single motherboard on this cheap laptop including battery, RAM, CPU, and wifi.

Solution
I couldn't tell you what update it was, but on my system if there is no internet it just requires the last used password. And i think you can set up a account with out one. It sounds like you fell into the trap of linking your microsoft account.

ConfusedElectron

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
I couldn't tell you what update it was, but on my system if there is no internet it just requires the last used password. And i think you can set up a account with out one. It sounds like you fell into the trap of linking your microsoft account.

Solution