Quick little question... That bothers me

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
For the location settings in windows 10 whenever I click on the Location for this device is on whenever I click change this black square shows up instead I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this

Solution
i thought of that before, the box is still white.

try upgrading graphics drivers, it could be them.

I looked through all the settings and it seems that is only pop up box like that in settings, wanted to see another example and see if it does same thing... alas, not so lucky

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is that menu choice in settings/Privacy/location?

See if this helps:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

The scan didn't find any integrity violation
And the other command said it was healthy but the problem was not solved
Does this also occur to you, this is only on creators update btw and yes it is in that location

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

My accoount is already local I changed as when I installed windows

Colif

Win 11 Master
so you click button, a little square shows up, and then its replaced by this?

E8Qe34s.jpg

Or you click button and just get the black square?

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I click it the square shows up and then replaced by that yeah maybe it's just windows 10 then, If you will test it for me change your theme to light and then try it

Colif

Win 11 Master
i thought of that before, the box is still white.

try upgrading graphics drivers, it could be them.

I looked through all the settings and it seems that is only pop up box like that in settings, wanted to see another example and see if it does same thing... alas, not so lucky

Solution

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

My drivers up to date, So it also happens with you? This tiny little black square shows up right before that white one

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

A 1060

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, that shouldn't be the reason.

Um, I would ask on https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/ as I am not sure what you are missing. And they might have some ideas I didn't think of. If you get an answer, I would love to know it. That is where I go if I am stuck.

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
WAOOO I fixed it nobody else replied to me I tried using the tenfourms and reddit and no one knew what was happening then I just remembered one of your tip talking about my graphics driver so I just tried to reinstall it and now it's perfect thanks a bunch <3