Running Different instances of Games on different Graphics Cards and Monitors.

ehab.ea.monster

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017
Ok, I hope I didn't overlook the thread I need, but I did spend quite sometime looking for an answer but I sadly didn't, anyway here's the case:

I have 2 Monitors installed, 1 on Dedicated GPU and the other on Integrated Graphics Card, and what I'm looking for is to use each one of them separately, meaning I want for instance run *VideoGameHD* on the GPU and use the Integrated GC to run *VideoGameSD* as I don't want to stress the GPU.

What happens: When I run the First game it runs perfectly when I use the GPU Monitor as active one, but when I use the second monitor to navigate and run the Second game, it still uses the GPU and its monitor to run it.

The games I try to run are mostly multiple instances of World of Warcraft: WotLK - FIFA 14 - Cry of Fear - Medal of Honor - Commandos. *Mostly they did not support Dual Monitor/GPU*

My specs: Mostly medieval. (Using CPU-Z)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 GHz - factory clock
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Model G41MT-S2PT - Chipset Intel G41 - PCI-Express x16
RAM: Single Channel - DDR3 - 4 GBytes - Frequency - 533+- MHz
Graphics:
1- Intel G41 Express Chipset - Memory Size 1747 MBytes
2- Nvidia Quadro FX 1700 - 80 nm - Memory Size 512 MBytes - DDR 2 - 128 bits

Monitors:
GPU: DELL E2210
Integrated GP: HP L1702

Power Supply: 450 Watt.

I would upgrade as soon as I could, but until then I'm stuck with this set.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my Monitors are set to *Extended* with GPU Monitor set as Main Monitor in windows, and in BIOS my primary display is the Integrated Graphics one (Otherwise my monitors turn black-No visual-)

Solution
I had a GTX760 and a GTX650 in the same system and the G50 just acted like a pass through, It never really seemed to get more than 2% utilization.

Now with my old system with an HD5850 and I threw in a HD6450 the 2 cards did get utilized depending on what screen the game opened on, if it opened on my HD5850, dragging it over tot he HD6450, the 6450 just acted as a passthrough, Open the game on the HD6450 and moving it to the HD5850, the 5850 acted as a passthrough and no load was ever really put it.

Not sure if this is still the case, or if it's entirely possible, but you can mix different cards in the system but I can't say if it will put the load on the GPU depending on the monitor thats attached to it.

Another route you can do is...
I had a GTX760 and a GTX650 in the same system and the G50 just acted like a pass through, It never really seemed to get more than 2% utilization.

Now with my old system with an HD5850 and I threw in a HD6450 the 2 cards did get utilized depending on what screen the game opened on, if it opened on my HD5850, dragging it over tot he HD6450, the 6450 just acted as a passthrough, Open the game on the HD6450 and moving it to the HD5850, the 5850 acted as a passthrough and no load was ever really put it.

Not sure if this is still the case, or if it's entirely possible, but you can mix different cards in the system but I can't say if it will put the load on the GPU depending on the monitor thats attached to it.

Another route you can do is to build yourself an upgraded system, A i3 or a newer Kabelake Pentium and some ram and just use the onboard video which will easily power a few instances of World of Warcraft with no dedicated graphics card.

Solution