dual monitor showdown= 4k vs curved

salomaoabdala

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
so I cannot decide wich should I buy, I work with video editing and I play games just a little bit. I always wanted a curved monitor and thats why I was almost buying 2 samsungs 27cf390
wich is a 1080p, 27 monitor and going for the dual monitor setup cause for video editing is awesome (gave up on the ultrawides 34 as they are more expensive and worst for productivity and better for gaming only) but when I was about to buy it I saw the samsung U28e590d a 28inch 4k professional monitor, and the price is quite near the 27 1080p curved. So my question is, should I go with the 4k? the only thing that is holding me is that it is not curved and I wanted really bad a curved monitor cause it looks so nice and I think it may be better in every aspect, the question is if a 1080p res is worth the shot.

Solution
Best to go see one in person if you can.

The curve is actually very minor, nowhere near the radius you would need to have an equal distance from your head.

4k resolution works reasonably well at 27".
But, you are likely to scale things up larger so text is more legible.

Best to see this difference for yourself at a local store if you can.
If you want curved, buy curved. Period...
If you buy anything else, you will forever wonder if you made a mistake.

I think curved has a real place when you are looking at large monitors.
I use a Philips 40" 4k monitor which is wonderful for productivity.
The larger size allows text to be more readable.
But, I often wish there was a bit of a curve to it.
Looking at small text on the side, a curve would help.

Philips has a similar curved version, the BDM4037UW which you might consider.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11038/philips-bdm4037uw-goes-on-sale-40-inch-4k-curved-display-for-800

salomaoabdala

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
what I want to know is if curved makes all that difference or if it is worth going for the bigger resolution instead! because I have never used a curved monitor and I dont know if it is that curved or just a tiny bit and in that case I should go for the higher resolution

Best to go see one in person if you can.

The curve is actually very minor, nowhere near the radius you would need to have an equal distance from your head.

4k resolution works reasonably well at 27".
But, you are likely to scale things up larger so text is more legible.

Best to see this difference for yourself at a local store if you can.

Solution