I don't wanna spend £100+ on windows but am not sure about using Linux?

Finster_1

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
I have £600 to spend on a computer for gaming and homework but if I buy windows it will be a lot less. Is windows worth it. Thanks for the help☺.

Solution

Just use windows unactivated and buy it when you do have the money. It never expires and just disables some personalize features and has a watermark in thr right corner.

VJ_Gamer

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
As you said you want it for gaming, I would suggest you to buy windows because you need it for gaming. Not that Linux wont support gaming, but Windows is preferred by millions of gamers. So better buy windows and a good gaming PC for a flawless gaming experience.

Good Luck.:) Peace.

Worth is something only YOU can determine.

If your apps and games are supported by Linux, then perhaps ok.
But it seems to be such a hassle, even if it would work.

If you are a student, there may be some student educational discounts.

Or... Consider buying used which will usually come with windows installed.

I would talk with your school's admin about a discount. M$ has to have a soft side and it lies with education our youth.

KirbysHammer

Reputable
Jun 21, 2016

I'm pretty sure you can get legit keys at some places for fairly cheap. You can look into an educational discount as well.

Finster_1

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Thanks for the advice I think I will try Linux and see what it's like before deciding whether to buy Windows or not. I don't think I will get a discount on Windows as I am in high school not university. Thanks

Just use windows unactivated and buy it when you do have the money. It never expires and just disables some personalize features and has a watermark in thr right corner.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS