Very frequent BSOD: IRQL not less or equal, memory management, etc.

DankeyKang

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hello everyone, ever since I built my computer ~4 years ago I have frequently received BSOD displaying various errors. For some reason I have decided to fix it now as the BSOD's are becoming very frequent i.e. 5-10 mins.

My system specs are:

CPU: I7 3770k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780ti
Ram: 24Gb
HDD: 2tb(1) SATA
SDD: 250Gb(2) that aren't hooked up yet
PSU: ~1000+ watt
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H

I have installed and reinstalled multiple drivers and still no luck. The most common errors are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. There have been some DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and PLC_LIST_CORRUPTION as well, though not as frequent as the first two.
I also recently shipped this pc up to college, the only parts that were kept inside the case were the cpu, ram, and hdds, the rest were shipped seperately

If there is any more information you need please feel free to ask.

Update: I just finished running Windows Memory Diagnostic and it concluded that there were problems with the memory. I'm not exactly sure where to go from there.

Update: MINIDUMP FILE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxig7YEJAlQAOHVvSEhKbEEzOE0/view?usp=sharing

Update #2: I have tested the ram and 3 of the sticks lead to errors, so I am now using a single 8gb stick, going to start updating mb bios and removing old drivers.

Solution
go to gigabyte website and find your motherboard and update the bios. you need the most current one. Hopefully one dated after april of 2012 so your USB drivers will have a chance to work.
Update the motherboard drivers from the same site.
http://www.gigabyte.sg/Motherboard/GA-Z77M-D3H-rev-11#support-dl
(confirm it is the correct motherboard )

remove SUPERAntiSpyware
it is from 2011
SASDIFSV64.SYS Thu Jul 21 16:03:00 2011
SASKUTIL64.SYS Tue Jul 12 14:00:01 2011

old anticheat driver:
ESLWireACD.sys Fri Oct 19 02:14:39 2012

old bios:
BIOS Version F4
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 02/20/2012
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

that PSU seems excessive for the PC but isn't likely to be cause...

if memory diagnostic found errors, download and run memtest86 to make a USB. Boot off USB and check ram sticks, 1 at a time for errors. Any errors are too many, only score you want is 0. More than 0 = remove/replace stick.

go to gigabyte website and find your motherboard and update the bios. you need the most current one. Hopefully one dated after april of 2012 so your USB drivers will have a chance to work.
Update the motherboard drivers from the same site.
http://www.gigabyte.sg/Motherboard/GA-Z77M-D3H-rev-11#support-dl
(confirm it is the correct motherboard )

remove SUPERAntiSpyware
it is from 2011
SASDIFSV64.SYS Thu Jul 21 16:03:00 2011
SASKUTIL64.SYS Tue Jul 12 14:00:01 2011

old anticheat driver:
ESLWireACD.sys Fri Oct 19 02:14:39 2012

old bios:
BIOS Version F4
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 02/20/2012
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Z77M-D3H

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2 main causes of irq error etc is ram issues or lack of vcore voltage.

I'd start by pulling all but 1 stick of ram and see if the issue remains. If it does fail, swap the same stick to another slot and try again. If it still fails, swap sticks, back to 1st slot. Run through this until all sticks are tested in multiple slots. Then try 2x sticks etc. 24Gb is an odd number, so at least one of those sticks is different to the others. It might just be that you need to bump the dram voltage or SA agent slightly to get all sticks to play nice and stable.

DankeyKang

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

So far I have updated the bios, uninstalled the antispyware and esl cheat driver, anything else?

delete the old memory dumps, if you get a new one put it on a server and post a link.
run cleanmgr.exe to delete the dumps