Running dual monitor, only one monitor is playing the audio, why?

juliver

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I bought 2 Asus VX239H Monitors that has built-in speaker and each monitor has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 VGA input and I have GTX 750 Ti graphics card which only had 1 mini-hdmi, DVI-I and DVI-D inputs. Now my cable for the 1st monitor is HDMI to mini-hdmi hooked unto mini-hdmi input in my graphics card and the 2nd cable is HDMI which i hook unto my motherboard (MSI b85m gaming 3), now the problem is only one monitor playing the audio, any ideas, help how to make both monitors play the audio?

Solution
You most likely have default audio set as HDMI output on display 1.

This means audio will NOT go out any other way.

possible ways to fix this:
set motherboard soundchip as default
use two 3.5mm stereo plugs to both displays and set that in display as audio input and on computer, said ports as audio output.

end result, you should have audio output on both monitors.

alternate method that likely wont work:
attach 3.5mm cable from display 1 headset port to display 2 audio input, this will 99% likely mute display 1's audio though.
You most likely have default audio set as HDMI output on display 1.

This means audio will NOT go out any other way.

possible ways to fix this:
set motherboard soundchip as default
use two 3.5mm stereo plugs to both displays and set that in display as audio input and on computer, said ports as audio output.

end result, you should have audio output on both monitors.

alternate method that likely wont work:
attach 3.5mm cable from display 1 headset port to display 2 audio input, this will 99% likely mute display 1's audio though.

Solution

juliver

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

what you mean by this "set that in display as audio input and on computer, said ports as audio output."?