imminent hard disk failure and can't boot into windows

_GiGiO_

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
So I was messing with the registry editor since my h100i v2 wasn't showing up in corsair link and I change a value from no value to 0. After that I decided to restart to see if the problem was solved and I see the messagge: "imminent hard disk failure please perform a backup". Now I cant boot into windows, what do I do ?

Solution
Well I was trying to boot from ubuntu and suddenly it booted into windows with no problems soooo, I guess I'm lucky. Well at least now I know to backup my data

kanewolf

Titan
Probably just coincidental. The hard disk failure message is usually from SMART data that the disk generates. That shouldn't be related to a registry modification. BUT any time you preform a registry edit, you can corrupt something. Especially if you have a disk that is failing.

kanewolf

Titan
If you have data you have to get off the drive, try booting a Linux CD and attempt to read the drive. OR use another computer and a usb adapter to read the data off.

I then recommend getting a new drive and doing a clean Windows install.

_GiGiO_

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Well I was trying to boot from ubuntu and suddenly it booted into windows with no problems soooo, I guess I'm lucky. Well at least now I know to backup my data

Solution