Windows 10 creators update HDR on colours washed out

sorscerer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
hello guys,
i just got a samsung MU7600 TV and connected it to my PC , i have an ASUS 1070 strix OC display card, i got HDMI2.0 cables, i have windows 10 creators update and the latest nvidia driver, when i switch the HDR and advanced colours on in windows 10 the colours are all grey and washed out, i found the problem reported online a lot but i didn't find any solution , so can you help me to get games and movies running in HDR

What is your NVIDA Control Panel's video colour Dynamic range setting set to?

NVIDIA_Video_Color_Settings.jpg

Greg Gregorich

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014
from Nvidia Panel/Display/Adjust desktop color settings 1.select display you wanna use .i use 2 monitors but i choose new one 2.choose how color is set .i use Other applications control color settings /i dont do anything in this section 3.Apply the following enhancements/ i turn Digital vibrance all the way to 100% and click apply .if you dont like what you see allways can go to default settings which locating on top right.the thing is when you update video drivers (when new come out it reverse to default setting so i do it manualy again) hope it helps!

scorlingonzalez100

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

bro its funny , i came here for the same problem but found a solution.. what i did and it worked perfect was i switch from chroma-limit for rgb-full.
i have not done no game testing yet so i dont know how that is gonna affect lag since i am using a 4k tv and not a monitor. but make sure that all your settings are using the nvidia setting and not the applications

May 3, 2018
I found online that the reason the colours look washed out is the fact that HDR is meant to be viewed in a dark room to experience the full colour gamut it's capable of.

Even though HDR on TVs and players trying to sell the technology boast that the colour is more vibrant, vivid and bold with better contrasts.

It feels like a bit of a let down. I'm experiencing the same disillusion on my HDR TV running Windows 10 with HDR switched to on

Understandout

Honorable
Jun 10, 2015

Did you try a PS4 or just HDR content on from the TV's apps instead of your PC? I can't get HDR running from my PC and suffer from washed out colors, but it's definitely not supposed to look like this.