Random BSoD's almost Hourly for last month while Gaming

sadinmichigan

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
So, I built my own Desktop a few years back, its a pretty good computer, if I do say so myself... But recently, like, within the last month or so, it has been Crashing while gaming about every hour, sometimes less than an hour. Before this, I rarely crashed at all. I think i had a total of 4 BSoDs since 2015? Now, the number is easily nearing 100.

I've been looking around the internet for a fix ever since it started. I thought it was the Ram, up until today, when I ran Memtest86 for a while. It showed no problems at all. I don't think its overheating, since I dusted my entire system out when it first started, and also the BSoD doesnt say its overheating. I don't think it's the power supply, either, since it doesnt just cut to black, it always goes to the Blue Screen.
The parts to my computer, names copied directly from amazon (except operating system, since it has been updated since then), are as follows:

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case CC-9011030-WW - Black

Motherboard: Gigabyte Black Edition LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboards GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK

HDD: Toshiba 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm, 128MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive (PH3400U-1I72)

SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT500MX200SSD1

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 850W Power Supply 220-G2-0850-XR

CPU Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) BX80646I74790K

RAM: Patriot 16GB(2x8GB) Viper III DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) CL11 Desktop Memory With Black Mamba Heatsink - PV316G213C1K

I can provide crash dump file readings (read by WhoCrashed), but it says something different each time, so I dont know what it could possibly be! Please help, this is really affecting me negatively. I cant play games with my friends, i cant talk to them casually while I game, its honestly making me much more depressed than usual!

Examples of the Stopcodes from the last four crashes (today and yesterday)

Bad Pool Header
System Service Exception
Kmode Exception Not Handled
PFN List Corrupt

Solution
I guess the drivers are really ELECOM USB Mouse Driver
see if your motherboard vendor has a update for the driver or google "ELECOM USB Mouse Driver"
to see if you can find a update. (I found on but it was on a Japanese website)

if it is your mouse driver then when you remove it plug and play will reinstall it a few seconds later.
you want update the driver to one that is made after 4/1/2012. if you can find one.

I would disable the webcam driver to see if it is the cause of your bugchecks.

I suspect https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ElcMouLFlt.sys
entry indication it is a Kaspersky driver is just a mistake.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings that occur just before or at the time of the BSOD's.

However, based on "but it says something different each time" I would suspect that the power supply is going EOL (End of Life).

PSU problems can present in a number of and varying number of ways.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
^ Reading the title alone I jumped to PSU as well.

Then i read the post and it only confirmed it. Power only needs to get unstable enough to crash the OS and thus the blue screen. If it just flicked off that would be a stronger indicator yes but going BSOD doesn't rule it out either. That said I would try a few things first. Run DDU in safe mode. If that doesn't work reload windows. An unstable OS load can cause this as well. You could even try a restore first but do a full re-install that doesn't work. And as mentioned above check your even log. LMK.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

sadinmichigan

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
Well, I ran DDU in safe mode. That didn't fix it. I didn't mention in the original post (because I kinda forgot I did it...) but, right when it started, and after I cleaned out the dust from the computer, I did do a clean install of windows. That didn't fix it either. So, im going to take your advice, and get a new Power Supply.
Should I get a new version of the power supply I currently have? or should I get a more recent one? If so, any suggestions?

Ralston18

Titan
I tend to stay with a product line that I know works.

So, with respect to your question, go with what you have and know.

But always a good idea to check current reviews and visit the manufacturer's website FAQs and Forums.

You may find something that may lead to the selection of another product.

Manufacturer's tend to decline in the long wrong and some cost-cutting or just bad management decisions can destroy product quality and reliability.

Buy where you can easily return a faulty product.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
If you also just cleaned the dust out...you could have done some static discharge damage. It's tough to tell. If you did it was likely the motherboard but From the symptoms I still lean in the PSU direction. As for which unit to get I always encourage tier 1 or 2 units only. Anything less is asking for a headache and a dead PC...if your lucky. The one you had was a tier 1 so if you want the same one...that's fine. If your ticked you're needing a new one so soon...I suggest Seasonic. They tend to have the best overall PSUs. Still do your research but generally Seasonic never drops below tier 2.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

sadinmichigan

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
Thank you all so so so much! I have ordered a new Power Supply Unit, and it should get here on monday! Once again, thank you so much for all of the help! I hope all of you have wonderful days, weeks, months, and years!

UPDATE: I got the new PSU, plugged it in, and it hasnt fixed anything. It crashed during WoW within 10 minutes.

sadinmichigan

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
I've tried looking through that, but there are never any errors for at least 2 minutes before a crash! it's weird, and I dont like it.
Should I just do another Clean Install of windows? because if its drivers, that would get rid of them all, right?

you should put your memory dumps on a server, share them for public access and post a link.
the bugcheck with Bad Pool Header could be of interest, but you might have to change the memory dump type to kernel and run verifier.exe /all /standard
(use verifier.exe /reset to turn off verifier if the system bugchecks during the next boot)

sadinmichigan

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
@Ralston18 - there are only warnings for a while before each crash, and by a while, i mean like a few hours.

@Johnbl I have just set my memory dumps to Kernel. I shall be putting my memory dumps on Google Drive shortly.

UPDATE: okay i cant put them on google drive, anyone know of a place I can upload them?

most people use mirosoft onedrive, google docs, or media fire.
just copy the files rather than trying to move them. (the default directory is owned by windows and you have read rights to the files so you can only make copies)

then make sure you share the files for public access.

basically it looks like you have verifier turned on and windows filter manager tried to send a message to a windows debugger but there was no debugger attached. it was triggered when "setup.exe" was run and the filter manager encountered a bad parameter.

you can turn off verifier by running cmd.exe as an admin (or powershell)
then run
verifier.exe /reset

you have 3 old filters installed:
( Kaspersky Lower Mouse Device Filter driver)
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ElcMouLFlt.sys Mon Oct 4 16:30:57 2010
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ElcMouUFlt.sys Mon Nov 29 21:42:46 2010
and
Logitech Webcam Software driver
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\lvbflt64.sys Mon Oct 22 19:10:38 2012

I would remove the first two driver and see if you can update the Logitech driver
(there were 2 more 2012 Logitech drivers installed)
you can run powershell as an admin and run the command
fltmc.exe
to list the filters that are installed.
use fltmc.exe /?
(shows the commands you can use to remove a filter)

here are the filters that are installed on my machine:
first two are from Malwarebytes, the rest are microsofts

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> fltmc

Filter Name Num Instances Altitude Frame
------------------------------ ------------- ------------ -----
MBAMChameleon 4 400900 0
MBAMProtection 4 328800 0
WdFilter 4 328010 0
MBAMFarflt 3 268150 0
storqosflt 0 244000 0
wcifs 1 189900 0
FileCrypt 0 141100 0
luafv 1 135000 0
npsvctrig 1 46000 0
Wof 2 40700 0
FileInfo 4 40500 0
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> fltmc /?

** Invalid command
Valid commands:
load Loads a Filter driver
unload Unloads a Filter driver
filters Lists the Filters currently registered in the system
instances Lists the Instances for a Filter or Volume currently
registered in the system
volumes Lists all volumes/RDRs in the system
attach Creates a Filter Instance to a Volume
detach Removes a Filter Instance from a Volume

Use fltmc help [ command ] for help on a specific command
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I guess the drivers are really ELECOM USB Mouse Driver
see if your motherboard vendor has a update for the driver or google "ELECOM USB Mouse Driver"
to see if you can find a update. (I found on but it was on a Japanese website)

if it is your mouse driver then when you remove it plug and play will reinstall it a few seconds later.
you want update the driver to one that is made after 4/1/2012. if you can find one.

I would disable the webcam driver to see if it is the cause of your bugchecks.

I suspect https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ElcMouLFlt.sys
entry indication it is a Kaspersky driver is just a mistake.

Solution