Dual Monitor Help needed

jaaphaarsma1

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
I have 2 monitors, one monitor has a HDMI and VGA port and the other has just a VGA port. My graphics card has DVI-D port and a HDMI port. My motherboard has a VGA port, DVI-D port and a HDMI port. I have connected one monitor via VGA, and one via HDMI but only the one connected with HDMI works. I tried detecting a second display but it doesnt detect anything. Should i buy an adapter or is there a free solution?

Solution

Generally if you have a graphics card, the motherboard graphics are automatically disabled. You may be able to enable them in the BIOS so you can use them simultaneously but it depends on motherboard support. I would recommend using a DVI to HDMI cable for one monitor and an HDMI to VGA converter for the other monitor, if...

Generally if you have a graphics card, the motherboard graphics are automatically disabled. You may be able to enable them in the BIOS so you can use them simultaneously but it depends on motherboard support. I would recommend using a DVI to HDMI cable for one monitor and an HDMI to VGA converter for the other monitor, if you're sure your graphics card has DVI-D and not DVI-I (which supports simple DVI to VGA adapters).

Solution