What 1440p Monitor Should I Buy?

TheNoobLegend27

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
Hello, I am looking to buy an additional monitor for a dual monitor set up. Right now I have an Asus Vx238h, and I am looking to buy a 1440p monitor to go with it. Since I am a student, I will have my Asus monitor be vesa mounted vertically, while my new one is horizontal next to it. I know I will have to buy an adapter, and I won't mind if I have to buy another adapter for my new monitor. Right now, I can't decide whether I want a 27 inch monitor or a 25 inch monitor. My price range is sub 300 dollars, and I would like to use this monitor for gaming. This means I would like a sub 5 ms response time, and for at least 60 hertz (preferably more). Also, it must have an ips panel. I know this is asking for a lot under 300 dollars but I have found a few that fit the criteria and I am just wanting for someone else's opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
At 75Hz it'll handle movement a little better. It does meet your 1440p minimum and 1ms goals.

You're welcome :) It's AhqueeElisUnaree

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB277Q-WQHD-2560x1440-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ is about as high as I'd go. 1060 and 4K gaming isn't really going to be an optimal solution. I think it would be a good partner for the 1600x and the 1060.

sittingbox

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
I'm all about 2k monitors at around 24". Currently I have this one... (I actually have 3 but 2 are for my desktop and one is for my laptop which sits on an independent desk clamp stand thing connected to the monitor when it's not on the road with me)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IOO4SGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But... I currently have an issue where it seems to flicker. I think it has to do with the power being drawn due to the fact I currently live in Japan for now, and while it may be rated to work with this power over here, I think it might be causing the flickering. You can look through the reviews but my flickering is the back light or the monitor not refreshing, which again brings me back to the power draw. It's only noticeable when I look for it but most of the time I have no problems with it. A lot of people mention back light bleed too but I don't even notice it.

The right monitor to pair with that monitor is an identical one. Where drivers and display settings are concerned it's best to keep everything the same. It isn't necessary but to keep it simple and avoid any possible conflicts an identical monitor is the one I would choose.

27" worth it? Before I would ask that I would offer my PC's hardware configuration. That way those who answer will know your system can support the monitor. Obviously the monitor will work with your PC but 4K gaming isn't something a 1050Ti with a G4560 could support. I have a 32" monitor for gaming but I sit around 6 feet away from it. I think the 27" would allow for more immersive gaming because it fills up more of your field of view if you're at a desk. It might however not help with FPS games. You also said higher than 60Hz so you must have a fairly nice gaming rig that you built but we don't know that.

Personally I would choose the 4K for my gaming. I don't play a lot of racing or flight sims so the refresh rate doesn't need to be so high.

TheNoobLegend27

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
aquielisunari (sorry i probably butchered your name) thanks for the advice.

Pc Build

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
Gpu 1060 6gb sc
MOBO: Asrock AB350 Pro 4
Ram,: 16 gb 2400 but i could overclock to 2966
PSU: 650 Bronze
Storage: SSD and HD

I mostly play esports games so I know I would be able to run at 1440p (R6S, LoL, CSGO, and a few other that aren't that graphically intensive)

At 75Hz it'll handle movement a little better. It does meet your 1440p minimum and 1ms goals.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB277Q-WQHD-2560x1440-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ is about as high as I'd go. 1060 and 4K gaming isn't really going to be an optimal solution. I think it would be a good partner for the 1600x and the 1060.

Solution

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB277Q-WQHD-2560x1440-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ is about as high as I'd go. 1060 and 4K gaming isn't really going to be an optimal solution. At 75Hz it'll handle movement a little better. It does meet your 1440p minimum and 1ms goals. I think it would be a good partner for the 1600x and the 1060.