Is my Cooler Master Elite 311 case big enough for latest motherboards and cpu's?

Jun 12, 2017
Hi All,

I would just like to know is my Cooler Master Elite 311 case still big enough to accommodate the latest motherboards and cpu's?

I have managed to fit an H80i cpu cooler but would like to know would i have to upgrade my case if i am going to upgrade my cpu and mobo to lets say an i7700k and a MSI Z270 GAMING M5 Master?

Thanks

The Chase is pretty Old but still it will fit all the modern motherboards Full ATX too as your chassis supports it . i am sure you have mounted radiator at the bottom of the case is there fan at the Front of it too? and if possible stick one more fan to the side of the chassis for better airflow and to keep the rad more cool

but if you want to in future buy the 240mm Rad then it wont fit in it till then you are good to go

Jun 12, 2017
Thanks very much for the answers guys.

It sounds like i can still use this case a little longer, however for future what would be the best case not necessarily has the most space but will keep me going for years just like this one has?

And if i had to change my mobo would i have to reinstall windows 10 and are the 1080s much bigger than the 970?

Thanks

Case depends on you what you like
and yes if you change MB you have to reinstall the windows and i think yes 1080s are slightly bigger then 970 you can check the dimension of the card you are gonna buy