0xc000007b Error With Certain Games Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Here is the journey I have been on dealing with this problem...

While back (Nov '16) I bout a factory built gaming PC x64 with Win10 installed. Anyway, I started installing some games (Skyrim LE, Far Cry (3, 4, Primal), Fallout Series, ect. All worked well with no problem til one day I decided to get ARK:SE from Steam. That is when the 0xc000007b began to occurred. Somehow during sleep-deprived nights I was able to fix this issue but that then started giving the same problem to the other game I've mention beforehand.

Games that are having issue:

Skyrim LE (Legendary Edition)

Fary Cry (3 and 4)

Fable 3 ( Doesn't even start up. No error msg or anything. Might be related?)

Batman Arkham Asylam

Bayonetta

Fallout 3

Black Squad

Games that had the problem but were miraculously fixed after ARK was fixed:

Fallout 4

Far Cary Primal

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Also to note, I have Skyrim SE (Special Edition) and it works perfectly fine. Never had this issue.

I don't remember what I did to fix ARK of this issue, but it mucked up the games listed above.

I have tried the following (In no particular order) :

AiO

Uninstalling/Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015)

Windows Update

Updating all hardware and software related

Uninstalling/Reinstalling NET. Framework v1 and v4

Uninstalling/Reinstalling the games that had this issue.

Run in admin/Compatibility on the games with the issue.

Ran DirectX and Visual C++ from the _CommonRedist in the games.

Verified files of the Steam games that have this issue.

Ran chkdsk and /scf scannow - chkdsk had nothing to repair, scf can came out clean

Ran antivirus scan - came out clean

Ran malware scan - came out clean

Replacing .dll files of C++ in System32 in Safe mode.

Reinstalled Win10 (Keeping Personal files and Apps)

Placed DirectX dll files in game directory/data folders (This ended up working for Skyrim LE and Black Squad but both games have no sound.)

I am aware that this issue could be caused by 32 bit loading a 64bit dll, but can't tell what dll could be doing that...

I think that's all, there might be things I've forgot but will let you know if I've tried any other solutions that I didn't mention. Sorry for the long post but I am at my wits' end here.

Thanks,

A frustrated, discouraged, sleep-deprived, defeated, person.

Could be your installer is corrupt. I suggest you make new install USB media.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Could be your SATA cable/port so swap out the cable and use another SATA port on the motherboard. Check your bios is updated and your boot drive is set to AHCI before you install windows.

Try ccleaner to scan and fix up the registry. Use advanced systemcare scan to see if there is any fixes your missing.
http://download.cnet.com/windows/

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Ok, I made a new install media, and swap to another SATA port. My BIOS is already updated and boot drive already set to AHCI.

I ran CCleaner then restarted then ran Advance SystemCare and once again restarted. All registry issues were found and fixed by both programs.

I reinstall Windows same way as last time (Keeping Personal files and Apps) but that all didn't seem to work. Thanks though.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Hmmm, tried that and that fixed Bayonetta and Batman: Arkham Asylum. However, now The Witcher is having the same error. That is after reinstalling all the games.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Yeah did that as I mentioned in my op. Done it again, still the same.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Scanned with Avast, came up clean. Used AVG prior and was used in the many scans prior to making the thread. Came up clean as well.

Thank you btw for helping me this far. :)

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

All drivers are already up-to-date only Visual C++ Redistributable '08, '10, '12, '13, and '15 (all 10) were updated again, still nothing.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Scan came out clean, still have issues.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Didn't work.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Verified all games on Steam, then downloaded and installed Reimage (admin)...

Reimage was scanning then crashed before completion. Restarted my pc then Widows Automatic Repair started and after restarting several times (couldn't past WAR), I had to preform a system restore. Still having the issues.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

The games are the only ones that are causing 0xc000007b. There doesn't seem to be a way for me to get a trial of Win 7. The PC with this issues came with only Win 10. I don't have a key for 7 as I only went from Vista to 8 before Win 10. I would like to have this be a last resort. If there is any other way, I would like to try first.

bw82

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Web Installer now says I have a newer or equivalent installed.
The Runtime gives me the same error that I'd mention in reply to your 6th post.

Ran both as admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.