BSOD (kernel auto boost invalid lock release) Help!

Ikarosi

Commendable
May 26, 2016
So, as the title states, I'm getting a BSOD error constantly when using my windows 10 desktop computer.
It could be in the middle of watching a video, or when playing counter-strike.
Here are my system specs as well as some of things I've tried doing to fix it.
CPU : i3-6100
Mobo: MSI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4
PSU: EVGA 500W
HDD: WD Blue 500GB HDD
GPU: MSI RX470 4GB x Gaming 4G

The things I've tried to fix the problem:
-Uninstalling Network adapter drivers, and tried different networking adapters. (Wireless)
-Removing GPU
-trying different GPUs
-Reseating the RAM
-Re-installing Windows 10
-updating windows 10
-Updating Video card drivers
-Ran Memtest86
-tried using IntelHD Graphics.

That concludes it, if anyone knows of anyway to fix- kernel auto boost invalid lock release - that'd be great.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

do you use WIFI or Bluetooth?

Follow https://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/68-blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-8-1-8-7-vista.html, upload the zip to onedrive, google drive or dropbox and post a share link.
Please also answer the questions in the link, do not (yet) run the tests specified (also if you already ran them).

Ikarosi

Commendable
May 26, 2016

I do use wifi. Sorry for the long delay. Here are the dump files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl01inxyhco2xam/Dumps.7z?dl=0
2 mini files as well as a memory.dmp that you may need.

Ikarosi

Commendable
May 26, 2016

I'll be sure to follow them as soon as I can.
here is the link for the dump files btw. -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl01inxyhco2xam/Dumps.7z?dl=0

Ikarosi

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Here are the other files from the link you shared.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6txyehin1ljd6e/SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip?dl=0

Update the BIOS and update the AMD graphics drivers.

A 0x162, a new crash.

Looking at the context of the eresource (structure to implement a lock in drivers) of the lock that was released by a thread it seems this thread didn't own the lock anymore.
Unfortunately, without a kernel dump I don't think we can determine what object the thread belongs to. The session ID (3rd parameter of the bsod) of the thread can't be used either, due to limitations of the minidump. Unfortunately I don't think a kernel dump can be obtained, another crash occured which (assuming the default recovery settings apply) has overwritten the kernel dump.

Ikarosi

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Gotcha, I'll attempt to get a kernel dump when I'm near my PC. I'll reply back when or if I'm able to get one, thanks for your help so far.

Ikarosi

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Ran it the day of or after you supposed the link to it, yes it has crashed the past few days, and the GPU drivers were updated the best they could be.
I don't mind the wait, I'm possible building a new rig soon anyways. Any help just to get it running is good enough for me.

Ikarosi

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Gotcha, I'll get the rest in approx 5-6 hours.

libastral

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I know this is an old topic but I have been googling this BSOD and this thread was the first one. I can say for certain that it's a CPU failure. I had a PC at work that was failing with this BSOD when loading windows installer and also Linux which showed something about CPU error in the log. Once I replaced the CPU (7700T) the computer worked flawlessly. I would recommend to do an RMA with Intel even if the warranty is expired, I didn't try it myself but I've read that they don't ask you for a receipt.

Jun 12, 2018
So I have this issue on two different occasions and completely reinstalled windows both times because it gets to a point where the computer will not even boot up. Today as I was doing a fresh install of windows after formations my hardrive I had the same issue right after I selected the 64bit install. I really believe this is a hardware issue. With that being said any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I know the last post talked to the issue being caused by a cpu and with the error code verbiage being about a thread release makes me think they might be right. Once again i’ll Wait for some additional thoughts before replacing my cpu...