Second monitor not detected windows 10

dustinchoes

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
I know there are alot of threads out there related to this topic but i am yet unable to figure this out.

I just bought CyberpowerPC Desktop PC Gamer Panzer VR PRO 2000TLQ Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD 120 GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit.

I was using LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor with Display Port and HDMI Inputs, via HDMI and it worked fine. I then purchased a second monitor to dual monitor, Samsung LS27E330HZX/ZA 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor. I tried connecting it via DVI but it was not able to be detected. I then tried connecting my samsung monitor via HDMI (it worked as a single monitor) and then tried connecting my LG monitor via Display Port and now my LG monitor cannot be detected. Samsung monitor cannot be detected via DVI by itself at all and LG cannot be detected via Display port at all. Only time i can get either monitor working at all is via HDMI as a stand-alone monitor.

I have upgraded my graphics card. When i try to change input source on monitor it doesnt even give me the option of DVI or display port.

I am at wits-end here. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Am I to understand that you're using the RGB-in plug (or D-Sub port) with a DVI adapter to your GTX1070 card?

That would mean that the GTX card has a DVI port, is that correct? I have no idea what an RGB-in plug is or what it does, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use it with a GTX1070 card. Please tell me exactly what types of ports the graphics card has. And does it have more than 1 of each type?

Forgive me if I repeat something you already said, but try this:
a) Connect the LG to the computer with the Display Port cable. Use the on-screen menu to locate Input or Source and select Display Port. The LG is the one with the Display Port so this option should appear.
b) Connect the Samsung to the computer with the HDMI cable...

GreyCatz

Distinguished
Am I to understand that you're using the RGB-in plug (or D-Sub port) with a DVI adapter to your GTX1070 card?

That would mean that the GTX card has a DVI port, is that correct? I have no idea what an RGB-in plug is or what it does, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use it with a GTX1070 card. Please tell me exactly what types of ports the graphics card has. And does it have more than 1 of each type?

Forgive me if I repeat something you already said, but try this:
a) Connect the LG to the computer with the Display Port cable. Use the on-screen menu to locate Input or Source and select Display Port. The LG is the one with the Display Port so this option should appear.
b) Connect the Samsung to the computer with the HDMI cable. Use the on-screen menu and select HDMI.

Solution

dustinchoes

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
Your response prompted me to unplug and re-plug my display port. I realized i had multiple display ports, so i tried plugging it into another one (the one located at graphics driver) and it works now.

Thank you VERY much for your help.