Help! Input timing not supported by monitor display.

Jacky817

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
After some win 10 update ytd, I woke up and saw that my monitor can't display anything. With the error msg in the title.
I'm using Asrock ab350m motherboard (uefi bios), with Windows 10 installed on my Ssd drive.
Now the only thing I can access is the uefi setup menu and the built in EFI Shell. I can't even find a way to start in safe mode. So I can't change the display settings or reinstall the graphics card driver.
Please help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, if you don't have one already

See if we can change the resolution to low res
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose low resolution video as the problem appears to be the resolution set doesn't match the monitor and its not showing anything.

Other option is follow same steps up until the menu Low resolution is in and go into safe mode instead and remove GPU drivers.

Jacky817

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Hey Colif, thanks for your answer! Very relevant and could most likely work. I managed to figure out by myself just now.

After the comp is started and the error displayed, hold down shift button on your keyboard and press the restart button on your CPU case.
From there, it'll restart with the repair page.
From repair page, you can restart with low resolution or safe mode. (Refer to Colif's answer for the specific steps to click at the repair page)

Thx again Colif!