get a widescreen or 16:9 for multi monitor setup?

nvincent_08

Reputable
so ive been using my laptop with 1080p monitor, it does helped me a lot in terms of multitasking, but it is such a unpleasant experience using the fhd monitor with my laptop screen that only 768p, so im looking for another monitor, but im still kinda not sure should i get another 16:9 monitor or get a widescreen monitor, there is some widescreen monitor that is fairly pretty cheap though, so cost not really a problem. can someone suggest me or share some experience probably:)? my main usage will mostly be gaming, a lot of youtube videos and probably some editing and document works

Solution
For multi-tasking the best setup is 2 monitors, as you'll have an easier time organizing your tabs between 2 monitors than you would one big monitor.

For example; if you want to have 4 different programs open at once with 2 monitors you could just drag them to both sides of one monitor, making both programs take up half of monitor 1 consecutively the same thing with monitor 2.
Whereas with a ultrawide screen youd have to resize every tab individually every time you open a new tab which could be tedious.

However, its well known that a ultrawide screen generally makes video games look amazing when they take up the entire monitor.

In short: If you constantly have multiple apps running that you are working on at the same time, buy a...

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
For multi-tasking the best setup is 2 monitors, as you'll have an easier time organizing your tabs between 2 monitors than you would one big monitor.

For example; if you want to have 4 different programs open at once with 2 monitors you could just drag them to both sides of one monitor, making both programs take up half of monitor 1 consecutively the same thing with monitor 2.
Whereas with a ultrawide screen youd have to resize every tab individually every time you open a new tab which could be tedious.

However, its well known that a ultrawide screen generally makes video games look amazing when they take up the entire monitor.

In short: If you constantly have multiple apps running that you are working on at the same time, buy a regular monitor.
If you like to game and want your gaming experience to look amazing, buy an ultrawide screen.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Solution

This is really Microsoft's fault. After 16:9 monitors became the norm (mostly based on the argument that you could simultaneously view two windows on them side-by-side), people begged for the ability to maximize a window to half the screen. So Microsoft added the feature, but didn't bother adding a graphic option for it (like the maximize button). You have to do it with Windows+left or Windows+right. In later versions, they let you drag the window to the left or right side to do the same thing. But the vast majority of people still don't know you can do this because there is no graphic they can click to do it.