PC seems very slow all of a sudden

Tom900

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
So my main specs for my pc are 980ti, i7 6700k asus hero maximus viii and also a kraken x62 water cooler, this morning i turned on my pc and then all of a sudden it came up with a temp warning and also saying that the fan speed is not correct or something, then when i went into the bios my cpu was at 89C, so i turned it off and tried a different header that might pick it up, after hours of searching on google i went back to the original header for CPU_FAN after trying the OPT and also W_PUMP header, the cpu one shows the speed but when i have the fans set to full is shows 10000rpm? which clearly cannot be correct, so after reading more i disabled monitor to then configure it from CAM software, this is when i noticed after it booted with good temps of 25-30 idle it seemed very slow, just in general loading programs and even dragging the curser on the desktop with the blue select box and it was delayed. If anyone knows what the issue is would be greatly appriciated as its like running a 5 year old machine, thanks

Solution
this water cooler is still plug on cpu header i would check if it is well seated and that pump on it run well with fans on cooler fins if you have cooler paste do a repaste job and retest temp try hwinfo for this .