My display port wont work

breaker9320

Honorable
Apr 9, 2016
Hello.
So I am running a ASUS STRIX GTX 980. My hdmi port works just fine with both displays but when I connect them to a display port it wont work with neither. What I am trying to do is get a mirror display. Basically I want both of them to show me the same image at the same time. One from the hdmi and one from the display port ( basically trying to make up for the fact that the graphics card only has 1 hdmi port)

Solution
Trying to picture what this looks like. You have a 980, with an HDMI to HDMI connection between your card and TV/monitor which works fine. You want to attach a (m)DP to DP cable to a monitor so you can have the same thing on both screens, but nothing shows up on the second monitor? You aren't using any adapters, and using a known good DP cable as far as you know.

Does your monitor have the ability to pick the input? Are you using the DP input? It's pretty simple to use DP. I have four monitors hooked up to my R9 280. Three computer monitors using DVI and two mDP ports, and my 50" Samsung on the wall. The mDP ports have active mDP to DVI adapters on them for my Eyefinity setup. If the driver is installed it should be plug and...

4745454b

Titan
Trying to picture what this looks like. You have a 980, with an HDMI to HDMI connection between your card and TV/monitor which works fine. You want to attach a (m)DP to DP cable to a monitor so you can have the same thing on both screens, but nothing shows up on the second monitor? You aren't using any adapters, and using a known good DP cable as far as you know.

Does your monitor have the ability to pick the input? Are you using the DP input? It's pretty simple to use DP. I have four monitors hooked up to my R9 280. Three computer monitors using DVI and two mDP ports, and my 50" Samsung on the wall. The mDP ports have active mDP to DVI adapters on them for my Eyefinity setup. If the driver is installed it should be plug and play.

You did go into the display and enable the monitor right? You do need to turn it on in windows.

Solution

breaker9320

Honorable
Apr 9, 2016
Well now I feel dumb. As you suggested I right clicked the desktop and went into display settings and enabled it. And to think that I spent 6 months thinking my Video card is broken xD.
Thank you for your help.