Screen goes unoperatable after I disable Intel graphics in device manager

aurimasotaku225

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
I just plugged in my radeon rx 460, it works because it's available as an display adapter and also it let's me choose it from skyrim settings, however when I tried to disable Integrated graphics, screen went full deep, what should I do?
EskLI

Solution
driver issues are easy to test, uninstall the drivers with DDU and see if the windows base drivers do the same

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the monitor is connected to the rx 460, not the motherboard?
if its connected to the motherboard and you disable the onboard the computer basically has no GPU, that is how the monitor see the situation, hence the test pattern.

aurimasotaku225

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
One more thing I found out, I disconnected the gpu and booted up the pc again, this time it launched normally, I enabled Intel graphics in device manager again,then shut down the pc, plugged gpu back in, it's fine, I restart it and it's the same thing again

aurimasotaku225

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah it goes through all the booting process etc., I can enter bios, and I didn't mess with resolutions whatsoever.

P.S. Found out that it happens only after I restart it, for example I can disconnect the gpu, connect it back boot up the pc and it works, but after I restart it, it's in need of a plug>unplug again