Need help choosing parts for a custom first gaming PC

lunarpheonix

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
Hi! I'm looking for advice on this PC custom build list I put together on PCPartPicker. This is my first time building a custom gaming PC so any advice is appreciated! I definitely want to make sure my computer is balanced, will run efficiently for gaming (like running Tera Raids/Final Fantasy) without having to scale down the quality of graphics. It won't be running 24/7, but will be used for other things besides gaming as well. I'd like to have a maximum range of $1500. I don't mind waiting till parts go on sale either.I already have Windows 10 I can install on the computer, and 2 monitors I want to run simultaneously with hdmi cords.

My custom PC build

jpe1701

Honorable
What other things will it be used for? Your build is good, the only things I see is that you have the locked i7 7700 paired with a board that you can overclock on, and if you stick with the 7700 you won't need a cooler because it comes with one. Also if you are going with an Intel build it would benefit you to wait until next month when the new 6 core cpus come out for the mainstream segment.

lunarpheonix

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017

Hey jpe, thanks for the fast response. Other uses will include my Husband's schoolwork and programming projects. Aside from that we just use it for general internet things. Youtube, Twitch, streaming music, etc. When the new Intel cpus release next month will the older cpus drop in price?

jpe1701

Honorable
Hi, no problem. Well I think everyone is waiting to see what Intel is going to do. The leaks are pointing to the new lineup being slightly more expensive than the current stuff so it's hard to say. But AMDs Ryzen lineup is very good too so that is an option for you to consider as well.

lunarpheonix

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017

Do you think the power supply will be enough? PC Part Builder estimates it will use 309 Watts, but I don't know how accurate that is.

jpe1701

Honorable
Oh yeah, that will be plenty. I run a 6700k and gtx 1070 on a 650w. It will leave you with extra power to overclock the gpu, and should put the power right in the range where your power supply is most efficient.