Problems after changing radiator

coolguy5338

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Ok i have a 2006 ford 500 and i recently hit something in the road busting the radiator thermostat housing condenser and cooling fans ive replaced everything and have no leaks but i noticed once the car warms up enough the cooling fans are in a high gear and they never use to run that fast the temp is staying normal on the gauge ive only got water instead of coolant in at the moment could that be the problem or something else

Solution
the coolant has nothing to do with the fans running only on high .. but you should have the proper mix of coolant for many other reasons.

Did you also replace your fan controller? if you did not, then it only has off and high, .. (there is the relay, and then there should be a resistor somewhere that let's the fans run lower. Is your defroster on, they should turn on then as well to help cool the compressor.

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
the coolant has nothing to do with the fans running only on high .. but you should have the proper mix of coolant for many other reasons.

Did you also replace your fan controller? if you did not, then it only has off and high, .. (there is the relay, and then there should be a resistor somewhere that let's the fans run lower. Is your defroster on, they should turn on then as well to help cool the compressor.

Solution