Selected a refresh rate too high for my monitor.

HybridWolf

Notable
Apr 18, 2017
As the title said, I picked a refresh rate too high for my monitor and I don't know how to reverse the changes, my monitor keeps saying no input received or something like that and I need a fix for it. I have came down to the conclusion that my CPU is the one causing this since I run off Intel HD and I set the refresh rate for my monitor too high. My PC boots up and the booting logo for my motherboard comes up and then my monitor shows no input received text.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

use f8 safe mode key at post. or use windows usb installer stick go into advance tools safe mode. when in safe mode remove the intel video software and driver then reboot. windows will load defalt video size and driver...then go to intel web page and redowload the newest driver for the onboard video chipset.

Boot in safe mode with VGA capabilities, this should allow you to boot at the lowest resolution your monitor supports with only 60hz, once there change it to your usual resolution with an appropriate refresh rate, you should now be able to reboot in normal mode.

If that doesn't work, boot in safe mode and uninstall your video drivers, reset and install them once again.

from another pc use a usb stick and microsoft media creation tool. make a bootable usb stick and check boot order in bios to the usb stick. when the usb stick boots click on tools. then click on windows safe mode at next boot. then reboot and windows should boot into safe mode.
Open the Settings menu and head to Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup. Clicking Restart Now will restart your system in recovery mode, where you’ll encounter three options: Continue, Troubleshoot, or Turn off your PC. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options. You’ll now have a range of new options, like so:

TRENDING THREADS