Computer doesnt recognize display (can't find cause)

benjamin.rast

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Around noon today my computer crashed while I was playing a game. The screen went dark and my speakers made a buzzing noise. I force-shutdown my computer and didn't think much of it, as I had a few problems with the specific game earlier today anyways.

I go to play a different game and the same thing happens, this time much sooner. I restart my computer again and play it again in a window, this time watching task manager as I run it. I don't notice anything on task manager, but it crashes around the same time, though the audio continues and I can still take actions in the game (shortly afterwards it stopped, though).

I restart my computer once again and leave it to boot up as I go on my laptop looking for solutions, and when I get back the monitor has already disconnected before I've logged in. This time I check the cables which were all tightly secured and tried plugging the hdmi cable into my integrated graphics, no success. My monitor (BenQ GW2250) I bought from a friend so it's pretty old, could that be the cause?

quick edit: restarted again and the display won't turn on with the computer like it used to. looks like its not connecting at all anymore

Specs (If it helps):
Monitor: BenQ GW2250
Motherboard: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H
CPU: Pentium G4600
Graphics Card: Aorus RX570
Memory: 2x4gb 2133mhz corsair vengeance lpx
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
PSU: recently changed from corsair CX450M to CX550M

I'm also using an HDMI to DVI-D cable

Solution
Well, turns out the power cord to the graphics card was loose, and it looks like that solved it. I also didn't realize that you can't just change the graphics source in the middle of a session. oops

benjamin.rast

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Well, turns out the power cord to the graphics card was loose, and it looks like that solved it. I also didn't realize that you can't just change the graphics source in the middle of a session. oops

Solution