Upgrading to windows 10 education

itstopsecret

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
I recently started college about a week ago and my school gives us a free product code for windows 10 education. When i tired to use the product code, it seemed to be working fine but when i turned my pc back on it said that it failed to upgrade. I've tried following all of the instructions but it doesn't seem to work, I'm currently using windows 10 home (not verified if that helps).

specs:
CPU: Intel core i5 7600k 3.8GHz
Cooler: Cryorig M9
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB GDDR5
PSU: Rosewill PHOTON-750
RAM: 16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666
SSD: intel 600p 512GB
HDD: 1TB 7200 rpm WD Blue
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H (Z270 micro ATX)
Case: NZXT H440 Black/Red

Solution
If you have Windows Home, you should VERIFY as a licensed copy. WIn10Ed edition is limited, and repealable once you leave college. It is safer to stick to your LICENSED copy you already have, the ED edition won't give you any benefit.

Now if you don't have a LICENSE for that copy of Windows, you would need to completely REMOVE IT then do a CLEAN install with Win10Ed and start from scratch. Still will be the same answer with anything else BUT a LICENSED Windows 10 Home edition.
If you have Windows Home, you should VERIFY as a licensed copy. WIn10Ed edition is limited, and repealable once you leave college. It is safer to stick to your LICENSED copy you already have, the ED edition won't give you any benefit.

Now if you don't have a LICENSE for that copy of Windows, you would need to completely REMOVE IT then do a CLEAN install with Win10Ed and start from scratch. Still will be the same answer with anything else BUT a LICENSED Windows 10 Home edition.

Solution