Purchasing Desktop ; Need help making selection

Hi all. I have been having a REALLY hard time choosing a new computer. Primarily for gaming, older games such as The Sims 3 + 12 expansions, but also some newer games like Fallout 4 and Telltale's GOT. I'm also a casual Photoshopper, avid music downloader, and sometime YouTube watcher. I'm going to post my top 6 picks and I feel like 1 is the best match, but I'll see what you think.

At first I was just getting a laptop replacement, but then I realized it wasn't as powerful as other models. Then I was getting a Mac, but I felt anxious about the hassle involved. I briefly looked at All-in-Ones, but again they're not as powerful. So I've basically narrowed it down to a Desktop, running Windows, with i7 and at least 3.0 gHz, 16 GB of RAM, with a high end Graphics Card*, 1TB HDD, at least 120GB SSD, under $2000 CN, with some kind of warranty. With these guidelines, the 6 I am choosing from are very similar, so I'm listing any pros and cons I can think of. Oh, and my old monitor and keyboard are inherited from another tower I'm neutral about keeping or replacing them.
*I have a very limited understanding of Graphic Cards, so I "tried" my best to rank the ones I saw.

TL;DR. My choices (in no particular order):
A iBUYPOWER Element VR-Ready Gaming Computer, 3.4 GHz Core i7-6700, 1 TB HDD + 120 GB SSD, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Win10 - $1899
Pros: Best video card. Comes with new keyboard, mouse. My old monitor is compatible.
Cons: Smallest SSD. Video card might be overkill since I'm not playing modern games.

B ASUS ROG Strix GD30CI-RB71-GTX1070-CB Gaming PC, 3.6 GHz Core i7, 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD, 16 GB DDR4, GeForce GTX 1070, Win10 - $1699.99
Pros: Second best video card. Comes with new keyboard, mouse.
Cons: Smallest SSD. Will need to buy compatible monitor.

C HP ENVY 750-430 Desktop (Core i7-6700, 16GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, 256GB SSD) with Windows 10 - $1468
Pros: Third best video card. Decent amount of SSD. Comes with new keyboard, mouse. My old monitor is compatible.
Cons: Seller Mike's Computer Shop has some negative reviews online.

D Aeon 2700 Gaming Tower Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core, 16GB DDR4, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB Graphic, Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - $1499
Pros: Third best video card. Decent amount of SSD.
Unsure: I can't tell if I need new keyboard or monitor.
Cons: Need to confirm with store if "Order online pick up in store" means they can ship nearby.

E ASUS GR8 II-T043Z Ready Mini PC Gaming Desktop with Intel Core i7-7700 and GeForce GTX 1060 - $1549
Pros: Amazing amount of SSD. Third best video card.
Cons: Very compact, not sure if it will overheat. SSD might be overkill since I'm not playing modern games. Hard to return to Amazon if there's a problem. Will need to buy compatible monitor & keyboard.

F iBUYPOWER CA670K Gaming PC (Intel i7-6700K/1TB HDD/120GB SSD/16GB RAM/AMD RX480/Win 10) - English - Online Only - $1399
Pros: Fourth best video card. Comes with new keyboard, mouse.
Unsure: I can't tell if I need new monitor.
Cons: Smallest SSD.
Reply to AW_42
2 answers Last reply
More about purchasing desktop making selection
  1. I recommend building your own PC, it is much much cheaper and you can make things to youre own preference, also if you will be purchasing a prebuilt PC... you do not need that powerful of a computer for the low level gaming that you will be doing, you can easily get a computer that is considered beefy for about 500$ with what you will be doing, a 970/960/1050ti should do the trick just fine.
    Reply to xxepiccrulerxx
  2. Just like +xxepiccrulerxx said i'd recommend you building your own PC. Not only would it be cheaper but you'd also be able to customize it to fit the exact needs that you have.

When it comes to components a 970/1050ti/1060 will work absolutely fine! I'd personally recommend you the 1060 since I have one myself and i'm very happy with the purchase. It's pretty quiet and doesm't draw too much electricity.
    I wish you the best and good luck with your PC adventure!
    Reply to Falexo
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games Desktops Gaming PCs New Build