What has better games psvr or oculus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmicheal

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
I want vr but i cant decide between oculus rift and psvr if i get oculus I would have to uprade my pc but i might get a ps4 pro with vr anyway so my question is does psvr have better games and does that justify the worse experience

also how much worse is it with PS4 pro

Solution
There are some really cool exclusives from Oculus - in particular Robo Recall, and Lone Echo with its multiplayer spinoff Echo Arena.

I'm not as up to date with PSVR, but Farpoint and Resident Evil 7 seem to be the biggest exclusives it has (well, Resident Evil 7's normal version is crossplatform, but the VR version is only PSVR at the moment).

The PS4 Pro can improve the graphics if the developer takes advantage of it (will depend on the game), but it can't change the tracking.
The Oculus Rift has access to both the content on the Oculus store and on Steam. So there's certainly a lot more games. The quality varies - Steam in particular has a lot of shovelware - but there's still a lot of good games too. And with many of the PSVR launch titles having come to PC in recent months, I think the Rift has a better selection of games than the PSVR.

You could always check if there are particular titles you'd want to play; Skyrim VR is coming to PSVR first, for example, while Fallout 4 VR is coming to PC first.

The PSVR's biggest issue is the tracking system and controllers. You don't get 360-degree tracking, and the tracking is just not as precise. The controllers are less polished as well. Getting a PS4 Pro doesn't help there, though it may improve the graphics quality in the games.

tmicheal

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

any exclusives that could sell either system? Also would pro make graphics on par with rift minus the resolution and tracking?

There are some really cool exclusives from Oculus - in particular Robo Recall, and Lone Echo with its multiplayer spinoff Echo Arena.

I'm not as up to date with PSVR, but Farpoint and Resident Evil 7 seem to be the biggest exclusives it has (well, Resident Evil 7's normal version is crossplatform, but the VR version is only PSVR at the moment).

The PS4 Pro can improve the graphics if the developer takes advantage of it (will depend on the game), but it can't change the tracking.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.