Best midrange speakers 100$ or under

XxXGunXxXGraveXxX

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Ive got a 79 camaro with a built 355 and header exhaust that dumps at the middle of the transmission. It sounds great but im gonna need really loud powerful mids to hear over the exhaust. If anyone has any recommendations I would love to get some opinions before I buy the first set I see that has good specs. Im making custom enclosures so the bigger the size the better.Ive also got a very powerful amp that can push any mids no matter what rms in my price range. Thanks in advance for the help, its genuinely appreciated.

Solution
I got the 355 "used" for a steal, thats why not a 383 or bigger. The guy bought it, put in his car, realized he could not pay his bills after he spent way too much, and sold it way cheap just to get rid of it fast. He had receipts, it was just two months old and still had the break in oil. I picked it up and the tremec 5 speed 2 hours after he posted it for sale and that was the best 2,000 I ever spent. It dynoed at 440 hp at the wheels and its been running perfect for over a year. Anyway I went with orion speakers from ebay. 225 watts rms, with a kicker amp and it can be heard over the engine perfectly!

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
Built 355, why would you not go with a 383? there is like a$50 dollar difference if you go with a new rotating assembly, which a 355 will need (since it's basically just any 350 with the cylinder bored out to clear out any issues). and if it's truly "built" and with headers that dump in the middle of the transmission, the best speakers I could recommend would be a pair of noise cancelling headphones..... because nothing is going to be able to be heard over the drone that you have when not accelerating, or the noise when you do step on the gas...

But if you must have speakers, are you putting them in the doors? kick panels? stock dash positions? rear deck?

any, and I mean ANY speaker by a name brand is going to be fine in the under $100 range, so stick with Kicker, sony, Pioneer, Earthquake, memphis, MTX, JL Audio, JVC, Cerwin Vega, Polk, etc.

XxXGunXxXGraveXxX

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I got the 355 "used" for a steal, thats why not a 383 or bigger. The guy bought it, put in his car, realized he could not pay his bills after he spent way too much, and sold it way cheap just to get rid of it fast. He had receipts, it was just two months old and still had the break in oil. I picked it up and the tremec 5 speed 2 hours after he posted it for sale and that was the best 2,000 I ever spent. It dynoed at 440 hp at the wheels and its been running perfect for over a year. Anyway I went with orion speakers from ebay. 225 watts rms, with a kicker amp and it can be heard over the engine perfectly!

Solution