My conputer is hacked I think

kshitij.kochhar

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
My computer was working fine the previous day but then today my computer won't run audio or wifi. I tried to open some apps but it just closed the tap as soon as I clicked it. I try to reset my pc but it says windows had a problem. What should I do

Solution
go thru the motions of testing your components

1) hard drive. test

crystalDiskInfo
Hard Disk Sentinel (run the short self-test)

test your memory sticks one at a time --- physically take them out and only have one in at a time. you can run onboard memory test if you have it... or google memtest.... i like running memtest off a USB stick

look in your device manager for driver conflicts..... lot of driver conflicts now are happening with windows pushing updates. goto your motherboard manufacture site and get the latest drivers.

turn off start up programs in run:msconfig then do a cleaning program like Ccleaner---- or wisecare 365

run malwarebytes
antivirus
rootkit scans malwarebytes has one in custom scans settings...

skitszo

Honorable
go thru the motions of testing your components

1) hard drive. test

crystalDiskInfo
Hard Disk Sentinel (run the short self-test)

test your memory sticks one at a time --- physically take them out and only have one in at a time. you can run onboard memory test if you have it... or google memtest.... i like running memtest off a USB stick

look in your device manager for driver conflicts..... lot of driver conflicts now are happening with windows pushing updates. goto your motherboard manufacture site and get the latest drivers.

turn off start up programs in run:msconfig then do a cleaning program like Ccleaner---- or wisecare 365

run malwarebytes
antivirus
rootkit scans malwarebytes has one in custom scans settings and norton has a stand alone you can download. NPE norton power erasor....

unistall your wifi network card driver and reinstall from your motherboard or manufacture support site. if it keeps unistalling like the driver doesn't play nice... it could be hardware issue and needs to be replaced.

is your hard drive full? how much space do you have?

Solution