Mice stop working

dayron

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
I have been searching for a solution to my problem but all the threads on various forums were either about a slightly different problem or did not work.

I use a laptop (Samsung) which is already 5 years old. Two mice are connected: RAT 5 (wired) and Logitech M325 (wireless). I normally use the former. Both of them had always worked well. It all started yesterday when I couldn't run any browser, except for Explorer. I scanned the system with Malwarebytes and then Norton. The problem with browsers has been fixed but there is still something wrong with these mice.

When I reboot the computer the mice work for a few minutes but suddenly stop for a second a couple of times until they permanently "die". Then I have to reboot the computer again to make them work. Only touchpad seems to be all right. I tried reinstalling the mices, the whole-system restore and many tips that other forums suggested but all for naught. And yes, the mice work perfectly on a different laptop.

skitszo

Honorable
turn off the wireless and change the battery?....

corded try using in 2.0 USB and 3.0 blue port... see if any difference.

different drivers available?

I'd goto your motherboard/ or manufacture site and install their drivers associated with mice/USB

might even see if your "event viewer" shows the error; you can google and get some idea's