Is this 1STPLAYER Gaming PSU a good PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobodytrust2008

Reputable
Sep 8, 2017
I'm about to get my new PC, and got into a problem of PSU. I'm in indonesia and it is rare to find any good PSU here. (mostly out of stock)
so, is this brand of PSU good for my build?

1STPLAYER Gaming PSU Black Widow 600W PS-600AX (80Plus Bronze) Modular With Flat cable - 3 Years Warranty Replacement

This is my build list at the moment.
https://imgur.com/Y57t0JH

Nope it's one of those pc killer psu's.

destruction box 101, dont buy that the antec u listed is awesome.

nobodytrust2008

Reputable
Sep 8, 2017

Sadly the antec is unavailable, I looked for seasonic PSU as well, but none of them are available. :(

Any idea about FSP Hydro 500W? looks cheap tho.

elzafir

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

Hey dood, I'm also from Indonesia, so I feel your pain.

1STPLAYER brand PSU and peripherals recently begun creeping on our local computer stores. But as the others have said, I'd stay away from this brand. This brand is a "gaming" oriented Chinese brand that makes multitude of computer peripherals: PSUs, keyboards, mouse, headsets, mousepads, and fans. Or should I say, the "Corsair business model". 1STPLAYER are among the lower tier of computer brands, probably on the same level or even lower than other new-ish Chinese brands like Armageddon/PowerLogic, Sades, Rapoo, Elephant, VenomRx, etc.

I would suggest keep hunting that Seasonic power supplies, or at the very least you could opt for XFX-branded PSU, they use Seasonic as OEM (except the XT series, which are only designed by Seasonic but manufactured by Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology, who also manufactures EVGA's budget line). Or, you could go for FSP (they also make PSU for Indonesia's local brand Digital Alliance) or SuperFlower (they are EVGA's OEM). But still, my gut says, even the cheapest XFX XT would be a lot better for your PC than 1STPOWER.

Below are snippets from the About Us page of 1STPOWER's website (these are not Google Translation).

Enjoy.
1STPLAYER DECLARATION
1ST PLAYER was founded in the city of Guangzhou, china in 2010 with the sole purpose of creating a unique and ultimate experience for gamers worldwide,1ST PLAYER designs and markets premium gaming peripherals for personal computer, including power supply ,computer chassis, gaming headsets, speakers,...
peripherals for personal computer, including power supply ,computer case, headphones, speaker, keyboard and mouse etc.
The philosophy of 1ST PLAYER are
EXTREME,
STRIKE,
HONOR,
MyWAY.
1ST player is young but with great courage and passion, he would never bow to any authority or tradition, instead, 1ST PLAYER will continue to provide innovative products to the extreme gamer with his unique design ability.
Destroy! Rebuild! With 1ST PLAYER!
The Soliloquy of 1ST PLAYER Designer
Rainstorm, Mid-night, Guangzhou May 23 2013
Tell me what will exciting you ,tell me what are you dreaming for
No copy, No bug, No NG
Give me time , give me try , give me final judge
Let me work over night ,let me play at daytime
I will destroy and I will rebuild
Amazing will happen
No praise to me
I will embrace the cheers all around

nobodytrust2008

Reputable
Sep 8, 2017

I Finally picked Antec Pure Power 550W
Costed a bit over the budget, but at least I won't worry about my PC being blown up anymore. thanks for the advice btw :D

nobodytrust2008

Reputable
Sep 8, 2017

I Finally picked Antec Pure Power 550W
Costed a bit over the budget, but at least I won't worry about my PC being blown up anymore. thanks for the advice btw :D

And that description of their "About Us" are, well... a bit worrying indeed. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.