Asus Monitor Warrenty/Repair Question

Denganim20

Commendable
Jun 29, 2017
Hey guys so I have a Asus Rog PG248Q monitor and recently it got a dead pixel that never goes away and it's irritating. I tried what I could to fix it, but it all failed. So if someone could tell me how I can send it to Asus for repair or how the warranties work I would appreciate that. Thanks guys.

Solution

Amazon's returns are for 30 days. You may get an exception once in a while -- Amazon customer support tends to be generous -- but I'd be absolutely shocked if they accepted a return on merchandise you've had for nine months.
Did you look up all that information on the ASUS site? They will tell you all of that and give you an RMA number, although for 1 dead pixel, I doubt theyll issue an RMA for that. You should look for their dead pixel policy, im sure thats on their site too.

Denganim20

Commendable
Jun 29, 2017
So I checked asus and it says u need at least 3 dead pixels to have it replaceable, so that sucks. But do you know if I would be able to return it to amazon instead as I got it from there? The monitor is only about a little over 9 months old.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Amazon's returns are for 30 days. You may get an exception once in a while -- Amazon customer support tends to be generous -- but I'd be absolutely shocked if they accepted a return on merchandise you've had for nine months.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Have you tried one of the dead pixel unfixer things, like http://www.jscreenfix.com/ or something like that? Worth a shot if you haven't; doesn't cost anything.

Denganim20

Commendable
Jun 29, 2017

Ik its been awhile since I have added to this post, but I think I will have to live with the pixel issue, I could not send ot to ASUS. Thanks for the suggestion though.